Bandsaw Recommendation

I am looking for a small bandsaw to add to my basement shop.

Is there that much of a difference between the delta 9" (BS100S) and the delta 10" (BS150LS)? Is there any other vendor I should consider?

Thanks.

Reply to
fantomas

You'd do far better getting at least a 12" like the Jet. The 9" is a poor choice and very limited in what it can do.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If you're set on a small one - then give the Ryobi a look too. I started off with the BS100. It's too small for what I wanted to do.

Reply to
patrick conroy

I'm pretty happy with the Ryobi 9", for $87 anyway. No matter what bandsaw you get, buy Duginske's The Bandsaw Book and set up your saw according to that. You need every advantage you can get on these little cheap saws. And toss the blade it comes with right away. It's not hard to get good quality blades custom made to the 59-1/2" length, if they don't make them already.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan