bandsaw questions

I have grizzly 14" "ultimate" bandsaw. I bought it new a few years ago. It has serviced me well, however, lately I have a hard time keeping the thing tracking well. It seems I can only go a few cuts before the blade starts rubbing a guide wheel. I've also noticed that the blade does not hit both the upper and lower wheels (the drive wheels) in the same spot any longer (when new, the two wheels were perfectly coplaner). Could it simply be the blades? there in pretty good shape and haven't had much use. Do I need new guide bearings?

Hm. I had a similar problem on an older JET WBS-14(OS). Turns out the casting that the blade tracking knob moves was cracked and the angle had changed between the upper wheel axle and the tracking knob assembly such that the blade would always fall off the upper wheel.
A week later the new part from Jet had arrived. The casting (pot metal) on the original part had had material removed from it to form ribs, the replacement casting (still pot metal) is solid; and less likely to break.
As for root cause, I suspect that keeping tension on the saw 24x7 and possibly overtensioning it may have been responsible (aside from the fact that the original part was probably cheaply designed).
scott

Do a total band saw tuneup. Duginski's book will help guide you through the steps.

Don't even wanna go there... wouldn't be prudent..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing