Bandsaw purchase

I am considering the purchase of an 18" bandsaw for both resawing and cutting moderately sharp curves. Knowing I can get a Jet for

Reply to
Clif

I have had an 18" Jet for about three years. Very satisfied and that sounds like a pretty good price.

The lower blade guides can be a bit of a stinker to adjust but you'll catch on.

Reply to
RonB

Woodcraft is supposed to start carrying the Rikon line in another month or so. The Rikon 18" saw got a best buy rating a couple of months ago in Fine Woodworking. One of its winning characteristics is ease of changing blades.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

How are you getting an 18" Jet for under 875? dave

Reply to
ClemsonDave

I almost asked the same question but remembered I got mine for less. When I purchased mine the floor prices was $1019. A local tool store runs annual fall sales where they:

1) Apply the Jet Bucks promotion ($30 for every $300 in value... 2) Take 10% off the post Jet Bucks price. 3) Forgive the local sales tax.

I think I rolled my out of the door for around $880 with a mobile base. If you have these kinds of sales you can save some real money.

Reply to
RonB

not sure if budget is a big issue, but if it's not, the minimax is a beautiful machine. i love mine.

good luck,

--- dz

Clif wrote:

Reply to
David Zaret

I'd like to know where you can get an 18" jet bandsaw for 875.00? All prices i've seen were 1199.00. You might want to check out:

ME

That's a good price, I paid about $925 in Dec 01. I'm pretty happy with it. As others have noted, the lower guides are hard to adjust as-is. But, rip of the lower blade guard piece-o-junk metal (should not have your hands down there anyway) and make a custom "short" hex key, and swap one of the bolts for a longer one. Then it's really easy to adjust the lower guide. "Don't fight it, modify it"

Barry Lennox.

Reply to
Barry Lennox

Ditto. SH

Reply to
Slowhand

You may be looking at an 18" Jet bandsaw, but check out the resaw capacity. I ended up with a 17" saw from Wilkey (

), which has a higher resaw capacity, and have been very happy with it so far.

If you have some extra change lay>

Reply to
Tim Schubach