bandsaw purchase

I am interested in purchasing a bandsaw. I would like to make sure it is capable of resawing small logs and vanier, but most use would be normal ripping and freehand sawing. I was thinking a 16" or 18". I would also prefer a 110 VAC cirucuit, but 220 is not absolutely out. I looked at Laguna Tool and Minimax. I like those tools but they are a bit pricy. I am not opposed to spending good money, especially if the lower priced tools cause me to purchase options. Does anybody have advice on other models to look at? I definately do not want a flimsy tool. All advice appreciated.
Bob
Look for the Mini-MAx S45 (I think). It is a serious piece of machinery.
On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 13:48:06 -0500, Robert Sobieck

Good, because any serious bandsaw that will cut what you want will really require 220 volts.
You want a 110, then stay with the 110V 14" Delta, not a clone.
You want to cut veneer, then you really wnt to spend the big bucks on the Lennox carbide blade, which means ultra tension, which means one of the Italian steel models, Laguna, MiniMax or Agazzani.
I have the MiniMax MM16, and find it sensational. I have some friends who love their Lagunas. They are good, but the customer service is poor. They both require 220V for their 3 HP motors, and 20 amp lines at that.