Bandsaw Progress (1/1)

Dear All,

Here is how my Wadkin Bursgreen C5 20" bandsaw is coming along. It is over at my neighbour/buddy Mikes place right now as he is a skilled painter and just happens to have a full paint set-up in his garage.

is in grey primer right now and will get its first coat of Vista Green tomorrow.

I am very eager to get it back together and fire it up, Seventeen inches of resaw, Carter precision guides and three horsepower, I cannot wait to fire it up and do some serious resawing. Weighs 600+ pounds all dressed.

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

Vista Green huh? Trying to pass that POS off as a vintage Powermatic or something? Looks like you should be able to crank up your pukey duck production to 'high' when you get that beast done. Here's my latest:

I finally got the table done and need to post some "after" pictures this weekend.

Reply to
PM6564

Sweet. What did ya have to shell out for it?

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Dear Steve,

I am using M-22 paint, whatever the hell that is. My paint pro said that is what I should use. It only comes in 15 industrial colours, and this was the only green. Funny enough, my buddy also does ww'ing and called me at work today saying I should get some "General" stickers for it as Vista Green is a dead ringer for General green.

Geez, I only hope to rise too pukey duck maker some day....

Pretty looking radio alarm saw you have there. I have passed on a few because I simply don't have the space for one. I opted for one of those fancy smanchy Hitachi laser powered SCMS's. As the guy who can never have too many tools, I picked up two more routers this week. One of those snazzy PC 7/8 HP fixed base jobbies in the retro polished aluminium and a PC 7519

3.25HP 5 speed with a Hurst shifter. I bought the biggen one without a base to go in my new Jessem Excel table top. I have the pleasure of performing next weekend at Canada's largest ww'ing show in Woodstock, Ontario. I will be demo'ing "How to *uck up rasied panel doors" w/CMT, Jessem and PC as sponsors. Have you seen the new PC retro 4.5" worm drive circ saw? One of those also followed me home. Gawd, I have to stop working at a tool store...

I am currently gutting my parents kitchen and building them a new one. It is the least I could do for them putting up with me all these years...

Take care,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan

Wes,

You can still buy these saws new from the UK, they are around $8000 CND ($6000 USD), I paid $200 CDN ($150 USD) for this one.

Thanks,

David.

rec.ww FAQ

David F. Eisan