bandsaw problem

hi all Just purchased the delta bench top band saw. I know its not the greatest but best i could afford for now. everytime i try to saw anything it tracks off to the right. blade tension is as recomended. blade is tracking on center of wheels, and guides are positioned properly as i can see. anyone have any ideas how to correct this??

Thanks in advance Dave

Reply to
Dave

I've had one of those for four or five years and I've never managed to figure out a way to make it track. I just leave the rip fence on the shelf and let the blade tell me what direction to feed the stock. Put a 3/8" blade on it if you can find one and crank the blade tension up as high as your courage will let you go.

That's not much of a saw, I'm afraid. Don't expect much from it. The only good experience I ever had with mine was when I needed to cut some rigid foam. Worked great for that.

Tom Dacon

Reply to
Tom Dacon

Almost all bandsaw BLADES do this some degree. It is more a property of the blade than the bandsaw itself. It's called "drift" and you generally adjust the fence to compensate for it. The following will help:

Swingman

Don't fight the drift. Go with it and adjust your fence to match. I fought the drift at first, in fact I thought by will alone I would be able to get the saw to cut true to fence and miter slot. But recently I decided to stop fighting it and calibrated the fence to match the drift. Now I'm so happy I coud shit.

Follow the advise in the link below and you'll be fine.

Reply to
David Binkowski

It's usually the blade that causes the drift. Improperly set teeth will cause the blade to drift left or right. Using the cheap stock blade that came with your BS isn't the best. You might want to try a better blade like Timberwolf @

use their blades and it tracks very well. I set the fence parallel with the blade.

Layne

PS, usual disclaimers apply.

Reply to
Layne Uyeno

Remove the old blade guide blocks (metal) and replace them with "Cool Block" blade guides. The "Cool Blocks", because they contain a lube, are allowed to actually touch the blade, thus reducing blade wander.

Reply to
netnews.comcast.net