Bandsaw owners - check Iturra Designs

I heard good things about Iturra Designs. No web page - but their phone number is 888-722-7078. So I called and asked for a catalog. I expected a 30-page flyer. I got a BOOK!

The June edition is almost 200 pages, and it is filled with some wonderful information about bandsaws. Some of the articles:

Jet vs. Delta bandsaw Comparison Delta Showdown - Modern vs. Vintage Delta Bandsaws Purchasing a used bandsaw The Future of Bandsaw Blades Understanding and Using Bandsaw Tension Guages A review of the FWW review on bandsaw blades Delta History Jet History Using a Dial Indicator Bearing Replacement

And I got this all for free! I was presently surprised that companies like this still exist. Well, after reading the catalog, I am placing an order for some items to "tune" my new Jet bandsaw. (I should have read this before I bought my saw. Oh well.)

Some of the items I just ordered: Price (US) Item 6.00 Table shim - my table wasn't 90 degrees in both directions. 8.00 Wheel shim - To make sure my wheels are coplanar 12.50 Graphite zero clearance inserts (pair) 12.00 Cool Blocks - The ones that came with my Jet are made with plastic and melts under certain conditions - depositing plastic over the blades. 5.50 Wheel brush - to keep the tires clean

I was going to buy the new high tension spring, and then I noticed that Louis recommends that I NOT buy one in the Jet Update section.

Anyhow - I like to support companies that go above and beyond in customer service. I never had a catalog that had so much useful information in it. Half of the catalog seems to be tips and advice. Check them out, especially if you are planning to buy a new or used bandsaw.

Reply to
Bruce Barnett

It ain't a book... it's the Bible of Bandsaws.

Bruce Barnett wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber