Bandsaw MADE out of wood !!

I am NOT affiliated with the seller, but was very surprised to find a bandsaw MADE out of wood:

AL

Why? The plans for a wooden band saw are not a secret.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Most wood and metal turning lathes were also made with wooden frames before the turn of the last century. They damped out vibration better then the newer cast iron machines, but cheap beat out quality and they were no more. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

the two of them would hunt deer and use the saw to butcher it. I have inherited it, and while the blade moves at very low speed, it does cut wood (and frozen chili) and I use it often.

- Owen -

Reply to
Owen Lawrence

Which implies that either JOAT has posted a link to them in this newsgroup, or soon will.

Reply to
fredfighter

DAGS.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

I enjoyed just looking at those pictures. Neat! Years ago there were plans for a bandsaw made of several layers of plywood enclosing the wheels & blade. I would have liked to build it, but I was just a kid at the time.

AL wrote:

Reply to
Joe_Stein

Wed, Dec 21, 2005, 10:18am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net doth say: Which implies that either JOAT has posted a link to them in this newsgroup, or soon will.

Don't recall posting any. Do have some plans for a nice looking bandsaw, made out of wood, aroud home somewhere.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T