Bandsaw Help

Does anyone have a Bandsaw(Brand & model) and blade recommendation for cutting thin pieces(slices) off of wood or Delrin?
(The pieces will be a maximum of 4 inches thick or 4 inches diameter).
Thanks a lot.
Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.
Do a Google search for "resawing".
There are many options. Most bandsaws with a decent blade can resaw 4in stock.
The search should show the many times blades like TimberWolf and Highland Hardwares "Wood Slicer" are frequent recommendations.
You want a blade with fewer teeth, e.g, 4 tpi or less. Different people will give different blade width recommendations. Personally I go with the largest blade which my bandsaw can handle (1in). This is very stable for me when resawing and if the saw is tuned the cut is straight with no wondering.
I expect 1/2in would be the minimum blade width for this task.
I am using a 4t pi TimberWolf blade.
Whatever saw you get, spend the time to tune it. Buy or read Mark Duginski's excellant bandsaw book. Search for his name should find the book name. I used this to tune my saw. It made a big difference.
Dave Paine.

I think the spelling is "Duginske". Which is better, "Band Saw Bench Guide" or "Bandsaw: A Workshop Bench Reference"? Thanks, Kerry
Ok,
So I guess I can't do better with a miter box and thin kerf saw, correct?
A recommended brand/model number of Bandsaw would be appreciated.(Since Craftsmans and Deltas, though easy to find, are not liked very much).
Darren Harris Staten Isalnd, New York.
Tyke wrote:

Delta isn't liked? I like my 14" Delta. Works just fine, including resawing.
Max (who cuts 1/4" slices often).

Delta is *not* liked? I wouldn't part with my 14" Delta. I regularly resaw 3/4" stock in half and plane it to 1/4". No problem.
Max
Max wrote:

I've been bored / happy with my Delta X5 14" w/ riser.
"Bored / happy" means I rarely think about the tool when I use it, only the actual work. <G>