Bandsaw for sale

Page 1 of 2
Hi, I have my bandsaw for sale on ebay, if anyone is interested.
http://www.tinyurl.com/25j99
Thanks.......
I noticed a little "puffery" in your ad Tony. Comparing it to the Powermatic? tsk tsk.
dave
Tony wrote:

It is comparable, is it not?
Tony

Yes, it is. Just not favorably hehe :)
A Ford Taurus is a car. A Ferrari Enzo is also a car. Are they comparable?
;-)

What color is your Enzo?

Unisaw gray, of course.

LOL!
dave
Mike in Mystic wrote:

Tony,
It doesn't have the little air blower thingy so how could it be comparable. Just that it has the same frame, wheels, pullies, bearings, etc is irrelevant.
Rich

I see the usual ebbbyyyy BS is in full swing on this little "gem".
One bid, $300....hmmmmm From a first timer that created his account when...oh yeah...today...
Pretty sleezy tony
Myx
I wouldn't have gone as far as to say it was sleazy. He could put a reserve on it of $300. He could start it at $300. He could start it at something less and submit his own bid of $300 (not allowed per eBay rules). All three get the auction to the same point which is if you want it you have to pay at least $300. Seems like a reasonable price for it.
Good catch on the new buyer that just registered today. It could be a legit buyer, but it sure seems coincidental. If it's the seller it could backfire. Some buyers won't bid if someone else has already bid so it could scare someone away rather than trying to indicate interest.
-- Larry C in Auburn WA

I really don't appreciate my ethics being called in to question, not one bit!! I have no idea who the bidder is on the bandsaw. I take care of my equipment, I don't trash it like some ppl.

Easy boys. I have the same band saw, plus the riser block.
It does look rather new. Don't know why it needs a tuneup, but if it's nothing serious, $300 is a good price, and I don't see anything about "reserve not met". The reserves piss me off more than anything. What type of game is that? Let us know the starting price and have at it.
Joe

I agree with Joe 1000%. If an item has a reserve I won't bid and I never look at it again. Got no time for silly games. Dick
--
Building and repair of fine custom cues at affordable
prices for real poolplayers. Over 35yrs. exp.
rhncue wrote:

I don't think I completely agree. If something has a reserve of $100 but is truly worth $1000, you may be missing a good deal by not bidding an honest $200 or $500 up front..
Maybe someone that has been selling on eBay can give some insight.
Let's say you have a widget that cost $500 new, has little use, and you really want to get a minimum of $300 for it. It is worth at least that amount, probably more. You post it to eBay and the only bid you get is $20. Do you really want to let it go for that? Of course not. Perhaps you just did not get the traffic looking for widgets this week. Should you be forced to sell at an unrealistic low price?
So, do you set a minimum of $250 or $300 or do you set a reserve. If the minimum is set, people will hesitate to bit hoing to nab it for that price at the end. --OR-- do you set a reserve and hope the bidding gets pushed up to even higher amounts.
I've not tried selling anything on eBay, but if I did, I'd want to h ave a minimum on valuable items. Peddling "yard sale" stuff for $20 would not be a big deal, but cars, machines, etc, is a big deal. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Hi Edwin, I agree totally, no way would I not put either a reserve or a min. starting price on something of value. They can bid on it if they want to, if not, don't bid on it. I guess just another case of ppl. wanting something for nothing.
Tony

Tony wrote:

Tony,
First off, lighten up or stop posting eBay auctions here on the wreck (1).
Second, the people who are casting the aspersions, they ain't your public. The people who are looking at your auction, they don't give a shit what anyone else says. They only want to find the deal of the century.
Third, lighten up. We don't know you, we don't know where you live and the truth of the matter is, we will have forgotten you by this time next week.
(1) This is not an encouragement to stop posting auctions. She-it and boy howdy you'd have to be a fool to not post your auctions here. You can double the number on your hit counter by posting the auction here.
UA100
I agree. I don't mind seeing the Ebay posts here. On the other hand, be prepared for people to comment on your product, since that's what we do here.
Joe

Tony wrote:

Neither do we. OTOH, if I put a bandaw on eBay, I'd want to cover my ass somehow.
Any time you post in a public forum, you are subject to many opinions, be they right or wrong. Most of the time it is best just to chuckle at them and move on. The followups were more general comments about the auction media that a personal attack on you and your auction. Yours just happend tobe the example.
Good luck selling it and I really do hope you get a good price.
--
Ed
snipped-for-privacy@snet.net
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome
Thank you Edwin. $300 is fine with me, if it brings more, that's fine, if not, that's fine to.......
Tony

    Greetings and Salutations....
wrote:

    *snip*.
    Sigh...don't take it personally, Tony...it is the way of the Net. Folks tend to be a bit suspicious, and, rather blunter than they might be in person. I don't think that Tony is misrepresenting the saw in any way, or is trying to screw anyone. Of course, that opening bid of $300 WILL scare off the folks that want to STEAL the bloody saw!     For those of you that are concerned...Tell you what... Send me a payment of $30 and a list of things you want checked, and I will be happy ( If Tony is willing) to stop by...look at them...and send you a notorized report. Cashier's checks and money orders preferred. Paypal accepted...     As for Ebay...I don't so much mind reserve prices... although it can be annoying. I do find, though, that a moderate reserve, and, starting bidding off at $1.00 is a great way to engender bidding interest. I am given to understand that if an item with a reserve does not sell, that some private Emails between an interested party and the seller can produce a result satisfactory to both.     Regards     Dave Mundt