Bandsaw: Craftman and Ridgid identical ?

Just to give is some perspective,, when I was at the sawmill last weekend, they used a 40' blade. They said the cost was about $1000.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in news:TNR3f.14$da1.10@trndny04:

Ah, but if you don't care too much about tooth count, you could always go here:

get 100' (feet!) of stock for ~$55. (it's 18tpi, though ...)

Reply to
John Thomas

The sawmill blade was less than 1 tpi. And about 12" wide. I imagine the 18 tpi would have slowed them down a bit ;)

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

and they probably sharpen it often... not exactly disposable at a grand a blade..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis