Bandsaw: Craftman and Ridgid identical ?

Page 2 of 2

On 11 Oct 2005 14:35:37 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote:

not sure how you spell it, but I was told here (this ng) that the ridgid and grizzly are both made by the "elephant" company in China and are identical...
this would seem logical, since I put a grizzly riser block kit on my ridgid saw and it works fine... YM (and spelling)MV
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:50:07 -0700, mac davis

since pretty much all of the 14" bandsaws on the market now are clones of the old delta design, it wouldn't be surprising if any of the riser kits fit any of the saws.

As I understand it, the ridged and grizzly 14" BS's are identical and made by the chiwanese... the craftsman doesn't look anything like my ridged, except for the size of the wheels..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Hey, go easy on him. He's probably a Virgo and life is tough when you see things out of order like that. Bad spelling is worse than coloring outside the lines.