Bandsaw Book

I ordered a Jet 16" bandsaw locally so in the mean time till it comes is there a bandsaw bible book out there that you can recommend to me? A book that might show how to tune up the bandsaw and do interesting cuts...stuff like that and maintain the beast over the years...TIA

Tina

Reply to
Tina

Duginske's "Bandsaw Handbook".

Goes a bit deeper than Lonnie Bird's IMHO.

Plan to buy a good range of blades (the book advises). Any bandsaw is only a machine for moving the blade around, so it pays to have the right sort on hand.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

"Tina" wrote in news:znaGe.164$ah4.87@lakeread05:

The Bandsaw Book, by Mark Duginske

Reply to
Patriarch

In the meantime buy an Olsen Pro or Iturra's Promaster blades. Call for a free 218 pages 2005 Catalog from Iturra. The catalog itself contain alot of useful information about bandsaw.

Iturra email snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net or toll free 888-722-7078

Reply to
Ken Wentworth

Thanks for the info...I do plan on getting some nice blades...thanks to everyone that replied

cuts...stuff

Reply to
Tina

Here's a review of Duginske's Bandsaw Handbook title:

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews
our tool survey, Win $200!

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- Sherwood OS-100 Oscillating Spindle Sander

- Porter Cable NS150A Narrow Crown Stapler

- Book: Popular Mechanics Shelving & Storage

- Betterley Tru-Cut Insert System

- Digital Calipers & Height Gauge

- Delta SS250 Scroll Saw (Review Updated)

www

Here's a differing, also humble opinion:

I think Lonnie Bird's book has all the same information, but is much easier to read.

Also, there was a Fine Woodworking article recently in which Mike Dunbar said to just use a 3 tpi blade for everything. I've been using a 4 tpi, bi-metal blade for everything and I think he's right.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Wells

Thanks for the links and help...