Bandsaw Book

I ordered a Jet 16" bandsaw locally so in the mean time till it comes is there a bandsaw bible book out there that you can recommend to me? A book that might show how to tune up the bandsaw and do interesting cuts...stuff like that and maintain the beast over the years...TIA
Tina

Duginske's "Bandsaw Handbook". <(Amazon.com product link shortened)>
Goes a bit deeper than Lonnie Bird's IMHO.
Plan to buy a good range of blades (the book advises). Any bandsaw is only a machine for moving the blade around, so it pays to have the right sort on hand.
Here's a differing, also humble opinion:
I think Lonnie Bird's book has all the same information, but is much easier to read.
Also, there was a Fine Woodworking article recently in which Mike Dunbar said to just use a 3 tpi blade for everything. I've been using a 4 tpi, bi-metal blade for everything and I think he's right.
Mark
Thanks for the links and help...
Tina

The Bandsaw Book, by Mark Duginske
In the meantime buy an Olsen Pro or Iturra's Promaster blades. Call for a free 218 pages 2005 Catalog from Iturra. The catalog itself contain alot of useful information about bandsaw.
Iturra email snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net or toll free 888-722-7078

Thanks for the info...I do plan on getting some nice blades...thanks to everyone that replied
Tina
or toll free 888-722-7078

book
cuts...stuff
Here's a review of Duginske's Bandsaw Handbook title: http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/bandsawhandbook.htm
Enjoy!
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com Complete our tool survey, Win $200! ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Sherwood OS-100 Oscillating Spindle Sander - Porter Cable NS150A Narrow Crown Stapler - Book: Popular Mechanics Shelving & Storage - Betterley Tru-Cut Insert System - Digital Calipers & Height Gauge - Delta SS250 Scroll Saw (Review Updated) ------------------------------------------------------------