Bandsaw Blades

I just got off the phone with Suffolk Machinery. I got their name by looking through past postings here. I ordered some Timberwolf blades for my new band saw. I told them that this was my first band saw and that I knew nothing about selecting blades.
The guy on the phone (Tom) was incredibly helpful. He asked what my application was, what type of wood, etc. and selected the right blade for the job and for my saw. He gave lots of helpful advice. I told him that I needed it by Friday and he was able to take care of that too. I was pleasantly surprised at how affordable the whole thing was, shipping and all.
After years of been trained to expect poor service by dealing with the BORGs, this was a real breath of fresh air. And no, I have no affiliation with Suffolk, I just think they deserve to get some good publicity. I am happy to give them my business.
Chuck
Suffolk Machines is well known and loved around here, Chuck. Welcome to the club!
I have found both their phone salesman and the info on their website to be second to none. They are exceptionally helpful, provide superior quality bands, and their prices are usually less than other options. The only downside is having to wait on shipping.
Andrew
It's called "Plan ahead". See what you have and how soon you "may" need it. Order accordingly. Been there, done that and learned.
Stinky
On 12 Jul 2005 11:46:05 -0700, "Tattooed and Dusty"

But to be clear for those not familiar with Suffolk's shipping methods, they mail 'em out by Priority US Mail (2-3 day delivery) and generally get them to Mr. Zip within a day or so of your order - so order on a Monday and you'll likely get them by Thursday or Friday (BTW, that's NY to OR).
--
Owen Lowe
The Fly-by-Night Copper Company

I tape the original tag to the last blade of each type, with a red reorder reminder. Even I seldom ruin more than one blade a week.

And bandsaw blades _are_ consumables. Not unlike sandpaper or solvents. Keep spares on hand. Buy then in threes.
BTW, I've currently got a really good, thin kerf 3/4" veneer slicing blade on my saw. From Hastings Saw, in Rohnert Park, CA. Very tasty price on an excellent product. Recommended by a well-known Sonoma County, CA woodworker.
Patriarch
Really? I would not buy it, nor will I accept it even if it's free! Olsen Pro or Iturra's Promaster are far superior. Furthermore, you could get a free 218 pages 2005 Catalog from Iturra.
Iturra email snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net or toll free 888-722-7078

Ken Wentworth wrote:

Thanks for the tip, Ken! I've been looking for a 218 catalog to put under a short table leg. Most places only have 'em in 200 or 225 pages.

You should consider giving up woodworking. I have came across dummies but none like you.
Bye
Ken Wentworth wrote:

<sigh> Some people gots no sensahumor... OK, I'll bite: what makes Iturra and Olsen blades so much better than Suffolk's, in you stiff-necked abrasive opinion?

Made me laugh... ;->

=8^0
Chuck wrote:

You will not be disappointed.
Chuck wrote:

my rule. Amen to all of the above.     j4

I bought a Wood Slicer recently, compared to the Delta 1/2 inch blade WOW.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618