Bandsaw blade tracking

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 08:21:52 -0700, Bridger brought forth from the murky depths:

Perhaps I should have written "tilting" there. Then Grogs wouldn't have the statement, the shop dog's nose would be alright, the impending apocalypse would be un-pended, and all would be right with the world.

And people think words don't mean much...

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Not sure what you mean Bridger, I may be dense, but I see three "wheels" (blade) and two spindles. It is the blade that is out of equilibrium as it is trying to ride both wheels; each in their own plane - if only marginally.

Reply to
Groggy

the blade isn't a wheel. it's a band. no gyroscopic effect. not enough mass to make enough difference to matter anyhow...

Reply to
Bridger

ok, I see what you mean, though I don't agree with you. I think the combination of forces acting on the blade are more than enough to have an effect, especially as the blade gets larger.

Reply to
Groggy