Bandsaw blade storage w/o coiling

WEAR GLOVES... learning can be painful, sometimes..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

It has been done. I may even have it on my hard drive at home and if I do I'll post it. It may have been FWW magazine. Sure does look easy when you see it done in front of you. .

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If the blades were installed in opposite directions, the motor had a reversing switch, and the table were double sided, the user could have two instant setups simply by reversing the blade travel direction.

Ralph Engerman's got nuttin' on me!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

I wear gloves, step on the blade and twirl. I don't like trying to coil them with only my hands.

Dave

Never Enough M> Ok, ok, ok, lighten up. I'll coil the stupid things. I just got my

Reply to
David

Reply to
nospambob

I must add that I disagree with those who give the bands a toss to unwrap. That is a good way to, in descending order of import, 1) get hurt 2) hurt others 3) hurt shopdog 4) damage machinery 5) damage the band teeth. Better to wear heavy gloves and carefully unwrap the band.

--

******** Bill Pounds
Pounds on Wood

"Never Enough Money" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Check out

and watch the movie. I've found that this is much easier than the two hand method.

Don

Reply to
Don Wheeler

You don't have a Wood-mizer, do you ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley

AND IN ANOTHER THREAD YOU WROTE THE FOLLOWING!?!?

Robatoy, some uninitiated neophyte might take your comment and have a very dangerous situation on his hands - or might even lose his hands altogether. You should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting such a thing in an unmoderated public forum.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Shame on me!

Reply to
Robatoy

You wouldn't have to reverse the direction. Just feed the work from behind.

2 Blades would mess with the turning radius though. But if you added 15 mA of non-lethal current, you could make it work.
Reply to
Robatoy

I can live without the gloves, it's my _nose_ that I worry about !

(OK, so I could lose a bit off the end and not notice. But I'd notice)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

"Simultaneously rotate and lower your hand as you hold the top of the blade. By the time your hand makes three-quarters to one full revolution, the blade will have popped into three coils."

Ok, obviously there's something I'm misreading in that description, even with the pictures, because for this rapidly-aging reader, that translates to: "By the time your hand makes three-quarters to one full revolution, you've dislocated your shoulder."

Lee

Reply to
Lee DeRaud

Ok, *that* looks like I might even be able to do it without hurting myself. (Some of the descriptions here sounded like you needed to be some kind of mutant ninja contortionist.)

Lee

Reply to
Lee DeRaud

That's why they say a picture (or a movie) is worth a thousand words.

Can you imagine the fun we'd have trying to explain just how to tie a bow tie?

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Fortunately, this forum has many immoderate moderators. Some threads generate a hell of a lot more heat than light.

As the language cop in this thread, I would like to point out the redundancy in the first sentence.

Now I'll post this on the bottom just to piss of _those_ folks.

Fortunately, this forum has many immoderate moderators. Some threads generate a hell of a lot more heat than light.

As the language cop in this thread, I would like to point out the redundancy in the first sentence.

Now I'll post this on top just to piss of _those_ folks.

Reply to
George

I was thinking "direction" as up and down.

Now you've got me thinking (4) blades! Two up, two down, facing in opposite directions.

Storage problem SOLVED!

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y

Would it be much of a stretch to weld on a horizontal band-saw, like those metal cutting ones? 2 blades on one of those. Now you have a machine that can turn an entire human into freedom fries.

Reply to
Robatoy

well, you can work in the shop with a bandaged nose, Andy.. harder to work with your hands all wrapped in gauze.. *g*

I noticed when washing up last night that I had a slight abrasion on my arm... matches a 3 TPI blade, so I must of just lightly brushed the (NOT MOVING) blade when I swept off the table...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis