Bandsaw blade recommendations

I just ordered a Jet 14" band saw and believe I will need to get one or more additional blades for specific purposes.
I looked through several threads, some as old as four years, about Band saw blade recommendations. One brand, Timberwolf, was praised by some and jeered by others. What are your opinions today?
snipped-for-privacy@Planet.Melmac says...

Well, I ordered a Woodslicer from Highland Hardware a while back and I'm amazed at the cut quality. When it gets dull I may try a Timberwolf but they'd have go go some to beat it.
Gordon Shumway wrote:

I agree with Gordon, the Woodslicer is the best of the four blades I have tried.
The Olson, Carter and Timberwolf all did a much poorer job of both providing a smooth cut and being able to guide the cut.
IMHO, you can pay more, but you cannot do better.
Deb

IMHO the performance of the blade will depend greatly on the quality of the saw.
Approximately 5 years ago I ordered a Rikon 18" band saw and used it for 2 weeks in my shop. I ordered Timberwolf blades for it and had tracking problems with 3/4 of them. No tracking problems with a local made blade and no tracking problems with the blade that came with the saw. Timberwolf was very helpful with returns and replacements but we were not successful. Basically I also had other issues with the guide system on the Rikon. I was looking for an upgrade from my previous Craftsman BS. The Rikon was not it and I returned it.
3 months later I took delivery on an LT16HD Laguna BS, Timberwolf took back all my blades in exchange for ones that would fit the Laguna. I have never had a single issue with any of the 3 brands of blades used on this saw, except for the blade my wife broke on Saturday. ;`(
On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 19:18:10 -0600, Gordon Shumway

Thanks for your replies. I think I will try the Woodslicer and the Timberwolf and see how they work on my saw.
Thanks again.

I'll never buy another Timberwolf again -- I get significantly better cut quality from Olson blades at less than half the price.
Wow, I have just the opposite results. The olsons when resawing don't cut nearly as well as the timberwolfs. The timberwolf tracks straighter, and cuts easier.
I guess that's why there are many vendors, what works for one may not work for another.
On 11/4/2010 10:04 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

On Nov 5, 12:29pm, tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

Though I love my TimberWolf blades for every day work, ...
I DO go to the 1/2" Wood Slicer for resaw, and ...
Have heard GREAT things about Lenox bi-metal. Just received mine, in 1/4" and 1/2".
Good primer:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=149862