Bandsaw blade length question

When the specifications for a bandsaw call out a size (length) what is the convention on making up a band for it?
The reason I ask is that I have a saw that takes a 150" band according to the manual. I have 1/8", 1/4", 1/2 and 3/4" width bands that go one easy with about an inch clearance when wheel is retacted to install.
I have another band that you have to roll on. I just measured it after spending 15 minutes getting it off and it is exactly 150".
Thanks,
Wes