Band saw question

I know it's been covered before but I just glanced through the posts since I wasn't looking for one to buy.
I'm looking for a 14'' to 16" band saw in the $1000 range and would like your suggestions and experences please.
I've looked at the Delta and Grizzly machines.
Thanks.
I've got the Jet 16" and I it works just fine for me. When I was looking I focused mainly on 14" saws. I wanted more power for resawing than most of the 14" saws have. Delta has a 1 1/2 HP 14" saw but is was more money than the Jet 16". I'd also read of problems related to the riser block on the 14" saws. I knew I wasn't too thrilled with that business.
I don't have 220V in the shop so the Jet was a good choice for me. I think if the 220 had been available I would have gone for a Mini Max 16". That's a bit more money than your $1000 but I think it might be slightly nicer.
Still, I have no regrets and when I do get to have a shop with 220V, I'll just rewire the motor I've got.
I too have the Jet 16" Its a good machine and a good value. Dave

Do a search which is more rewarding. http://groups-beta.google.com/group/rec.woodworking

Can't go wrong with Delta. The 14" is very common. I wish I had a tension release lever, but that adds $140 to the machine. I compared the Jet and Delta side-by-side and the construction of the Delta is beefier. Buy the "Band Saw Handbook" by Duginske.

Here is a MUCH cheaper solution:
http://www.highland-hardware.com/browseproducts/Iturra-Spinner-3--Bandsaw-Tensioning-Crank.HTML
and you might as well get this also:
http://www.highland-hardware.com/browseproducts/Iturra-2-12--Bandsaw-Spring-for-Delta.HTML