Band saw part question

I found a used Grizzly G0555 band saw in excellent condition and bought it. After putting it into position in my garage, cleaning it and fine tuning, I noticed the blade guard doesn't seat directly in front of the blade. The guard is curved on the side which parallels with the blade, which doesn't appear to be an accidental curve. It appears to be made that way. I would think the guard should be squared with 90 degree angles, similar to a channel. When it is attached to the two bolts, the front of it, with the arrow pointing down imprint, slightly lays to the right of the blade. I cannot think of a reason for a curved guard and think it is better served being squared with the front lip lying perpendicular to the blade front and the side straight parallel to the side of the blade.
Anyone have this band saw and can confirm or confirm a blade guard should be curved?
Thanks
I would search the web and look for pictures... Might be easy. Martin
On 12/6/2015 2:21 PM, Meanie wrote:

On 12/6/2015 10:11 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:

I did so prior to this post and found very little help since most photos were small or didn't focus on that area. After your suggestion, I found a couple with good views of the guard and discovered it's curved.
Thank you