Band Saw comparison

Page 2 of 2

Went to the woodworking show this weekend and ended up getting a good deal on the Jet 14" closed stand. Was able to pick it up for $455.00 after $50.00 mail in rebate. Put it together and installed the Kreg fence this afternoon. First impressions is that this is a much nicer saw than either of the other 2 that I was looking at (Was able to look at all 3 at the show)
Rob Ritch wrote:

Woodworking show at the Expo? I drooled on the Mini Max band saw and that all-in-one whatever it was near by. It took me a few minutes to figure out what did what and where you'd stand to use the TS component.
I missed the Kreg display - too many people around it. What made you decide on the Kreg fence?
Josie

Yeah, I saw the minimax as well; but at a grand SWMBO would have killed me. My dad and I both got the Kreg fence and re-sw guide. I decided on it based on the opinions here of the fasttrack which was it's predecessor before Kreg bought them, plus the price, $99.00 for the fence and re-saw guide. Woddcrafts price was $109.00 for the fence and $18.00 for the re-saw guide.
-Rob
--
-Rob Ritch
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.comcast.net