Band saw box gluing question

hello,
I have a question, when making a bandsaw box, how do you 'hide' then entry cut into the box, but, with the width of the blade, how do you do that? I mean, when I try to 'close' the entry, it deforms the box enough that the geometry changes... is there a trick on how to do it? or a special glue to use?
cyrille
Cyrille- That is a good question. the answer lies at the very heart of band saw box making. When you remove wood with the thickness of the saw blade (the kerf) you also create matching sides that will fit together like a key in a lock. When these sides are joined carefully together the join can be practically invisible. You are correct though that the box is permanently distorted. The lid will fit only one way. One way to fix that is to make matching kerfs on either side of the box, or make the design so symmetry is not important. Another technique is to emphasize the entrance kerfs as Ventura does in her drawered box designs. Hope that helps- any more questions? Donna Menke
cyrille de Brebisson wrote:

Oops- forgot to add that I use no special glue to join the sides of boxes, just Titebond normal woodworking glue. Donna Menke