Band Saw Blade types?

I would like to purchase some different band saw blade styles. I have a delta bandsaw that takes a 93.5" blade. Is there any websites that what blade you would use for different applications. I need one for resawing wood, a general purpose blade, a hardwood, and different thickness blades (1/4, 1/2 etc). Thanks

You might Google band saw blades. I prefer Olson blades but there are others that are good too. Some of the suppliers that you will find from Google will have recommendations as to use. I have the 14" Delta also. Delta says the saw will take a 3/4" blade but I find that a 1/2" or 5/8" works better for re-sawing.
Max

Mike from American Sycamore
I am proud to be one of the "Ask the Experts" from Delta's web site. I recomend a 1/4" x 6 tooth skip blade for general bandsaw work, a 1/2inch x 3 teeth hook pattern is good for resaw work. I also use a 1/8 inch x 24 tooth raker for scroll type work. I have had great luck with both Olson and Timber Wolf blades. Good luck and Build with confidence.
mike www.americansycamoreretreat.com

Me too.
I buy them from Coastal Tool or Ballew Tool. Both have websites.

http://www.suffolkmachinery.com/
k wrote:

For resawing, this is an excellent one. Much better than Timber Wolf.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID 93
--

dadiOH
____________________________

I agree.
Highland hardware also has a blade designed for cutting green wood. I think the teeth have a wider set, making a bigger kerf.
I was cutting a birdhouse out of a log, and the kerf closed on the blade, jamming the wood. It was a PITA to free up the wood. These blades reduce the chances of that happening.
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdIDi44
(If you have to pay the postage for one blade, might as well get others)

I would agree with the post by MIke. I do resaw work with 1/2" blade and general purpose with a 1/4" blade..These are main two work horses. I use Timber Wolf blades .. they stay sharp an I have never had one break. I also like the woodslicer 1/2" blade from Highland Hardware. I use my scroll saw for smaller work, so the 1/4 and 1/2 do almost all my work.
Randy http://nokeswoodworks.com

If you are considering a riser block, I would recommend doing that before you invest in a bunch of 93.5" blades that you won't be able to use with the riser block.
Dave
Dave - Parkville, MD wrote:

Very knowledgeable helpful folks.     mahalo,         jo4hn