Band saw at auction

A serious band saw at some price
http://www.irsauctions.com/popups/bidders_paddle.asp?lot52268&auction=LDDTX8R5MB3OSSZB9EA761AJMUTGL3&id 528
Not sure what it weighs but I am guessing it would take more than 2 people to move it.
Jim
swalker wrote:

Now, THAT'S a bandsaw...
I saw a Big one - set up with the wheels left and right - and the wheels looked 48-60" in diameter. Big. Carbide teeth and it slices blocks of limestone out of large slabs. Any size is possible so it seems - but there must be some due to the wheel structure.
Martin
On 9/18/2016 7:44 PM, Bill wrote:

On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 10:49:25 PM UTC-4, Martin Eastburn wrote:

How about this band saw wheel structure?
http://tic.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/100_3949_1.jpg
That was found here...scroll way down.
http://www.thisiscarpentry.com/2011/02/25/hull-oakes-sawmill/

Band mills for cutting logs into lumber can be huge. A 10 foot wheel spinning a 3 foot wide blade wouldn't be extreme. Plain steel blades for lumber, tho - sharpen and set them just like any other saw blade.
John
On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 7:35:08 PM UTC-4, swalker wrote:

I'm guessing it would take 2 people just to move the *blade*. ;-)
"swalker" wrote in message

Same size as my Crescent... Yes, I need help to move it!

Company is still in business - call them up and ask :-)
(incidently, that means if anyone does buy this thing, and it needs parts, they're apparently available).
Note that you're probably going to need to learn to weld bandsaw blades if you get that saw, since off-the-shelf blades in that size probably don't exist.
John
On Monday, September 19, 2016 at 10:51:01 AM UTC-4, John McCoy wrote:

Or have them custom made, by Highland or such...
$55 for a 3/4" blades up to 248"
http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/wood-slicer-resaw-bandsaw-blade-custom-length.aspx
On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 18:35:03 -0500

depends on the people maybe 2 nfl lineman in their 20s
looks like a fork lift model
it must say on the details what it weighs
also they charge 15% for what i am not sure
maybe it is for that retro web site