Band saw at auction

A serious band saw at some price

Not sure what it weighs but I am guessing it would take more than 2 people to move it.

Jim

Reply to
swalker

Now, THAT'S a bandsaw...

Reply to
Bill

I'm guessing it would take 2 people just to move the *blade*. ;-)

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I saw a Big one - set up with the wheels left and right - and the wheels looked 48-60" in diameter. Big. Carbide teeth and it slices blocks of limestone out of large slabs. Any size is possible so it seems - but there must be some due to the wheel structure.

Mart> swalker wrote:

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

How about this band saw wheel structure?

That was found here...scroll way down.

DerbyDad03

Same size as my Crescent... Yes, I need help to move it!

Reply to
John Grossbohlin

swalker wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Company is still in business - call them up and ask :-)

(incidently, that means if anyone does buy this thing, and it needs parts, they're apparently available).

Note that you're probably going to need to learn to weld bandsaw blades if you get that saw, since off-the-shelf blades in that size probably don't exist.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Martin Eastburn wrote in news:SmIDz.22040$ snipped-for-privacy@fx43.iad:

Band mills for cutting logs into lumber can be huge. A 10 foot wheel spinning a 3 foot wide blade wouldn't be extreme. Plain steel blades for lumber, tho - sharpen and set them just like any other saw blade.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

Or have them custom made, by Highland or such...

$55 for a 3/4" blades up to 248"

DerbyDad03

depends on the people maybe 2 nfl lineman in their 20s

looks like a fork lift model

it must say on the details what it weighs

also they charge 15% for what i am not sure

maybe it is for that retro web site

Reply to
Electric Comet