Band Saw

I will be doing some resawing of hardwoods. What kind of Bandsaw would be the best. What size of motor. Thanks

Reply to
Roy

Roy I don't know what your budget is but I think this would be the 'best' resaw you could use for resawing hardwoods. It comes with 125hp motor so it can run all day.

me know if you need a hand setting it up.

Tom Plamann

Tom Plamann

I've got one of those Tom. He won't need any help setting it up. Comes pre-assembled right out of the box! just plug 'er in, load a chunk of wood and let it RIP!!!

Reply to
nsum

Good Morning, Tom.

Three things:

  1. Can I use my Timberwolf blade on it?
  2. Would you go for the Cat motor or the Pratt and Whitney?
  3. Please tell me you're not thinking of building the MOABsaws.

Regards, Tom Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania

Tom Watson

Tom W. - #1. I don't think Timberwolf makes blades for this.

#2. Definitely opt for the 460HP Kitty cat!

#3. Gawd, I hope not!

#4. I was just thinking Tom P. had a real MEAN sense of humor!(G,D,&R)

Nahmie

Reply to
Norman D. Crow

Tom, I have one of those saws, but I have a problem with it. Perhaps you can help.

When I want to do some tight radius work I put in the 1/16" blade. It seems to track OK, but after just a few cuts the blade breaks. Am I tensioning it too much? Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net

Edwin Pawlowski

Go for the P&W. I have some friends that work at the Middletown, CT rebuild facility. I'll put in a good word when you send it in for the

100,000 hour maintenance.

Barry

Reply to
B a r r y B u r k e J r .