Band Saw

I will be doing some resawing of hardwoods. What kind of Bandsaw would be the best. What size of motor. Thanks

Roy I don't know what your budget is but I think this would be the 'best' resaw you could use for resawing hardwoods. It comes with 125hp motor so it can run all day.
http://www.machinerysales.com/photo.asp?pic_idW05
Let me know if you need a hand setting it up.
Tom Plamann www.plamann.com
I've got one of those Tom. He won't need any help setting it up. Comes pre-assembled right out of the box! just plug 'er in, load a chunk of wood and let it RIP!!!

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 07:32:59 -0500, "Tom Plamann"

Good Morning, Tom.
Three things:
1.    Can I use my Timberwolf blade on it?
2.    Would you go for the Cat motor or the Pratt and Whitney?
3.    Please tell me you're not thinking of building the MOABsaws.

Tom W. - #1. I don't think Timberwolf makes blades for this.
#2. Definitely opt for the 460HP Kitty cat!
#3. Gawd, I hope not!
#4. I was just thinking Tom P. had a real MEAN sense of humor!(G,D,&R)
Nahmie
On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 12:45:56 GMT, Tom Watson

Go for the P&W. I have some friends that work at the Middletown, CT rebuild facility. I'll put in a good word when you send it in for the 100,000 hour maintenance. <G>
Barry

Tom, I have one of those saws, but I have a problem with it. Perhaps you can help.
When I want to do some tight radius work I put in the 1/16" blade. It seems to track OK, but after just a few cuts the blade breaks. Am I tensioning it too much? Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome