Bamboo flooring on a concrete floor?

I'm really attracted to bamboo flooring for my dining room/kitchen area. Can it be successfully laid over a concrete floor? I hear conflicting advice. One said that it must be glued to the floor, but there's no guarantee that it won't move. A search of message boards suggests that it's probably ok. Grateful for any advice! Thanks Chris
I just laid 400 feet of "click-lock" flooring on my basement concrete floor.
Your best bet is to lay some 6 mm polly over your floor, put some "good" underpad over this and then lay the bamboo. The polly is to prevent wicking and the underpad is just to make the flooring more resilient and to protect the bamboo from any irregularities. If your floor is really uneven you might want to pour a skim-coat of self-leveling compound before starting the polly.
P D Q
really attracted to bamboo flooring for my dining room/kitchen<BR>area.&nbsp; Can it be successfully laid over a concrete floor?&nbsp; I hear<BR>conflicting advice.&nbsp; One said that it must be glued to the floor, but<BR>there's no guarantee that it won't move.&nbsp; A search of message boards<BR>suggests that it's probably ok.&nbsp; Grateful for any advice!<BR>Thanks<BR>Chris<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=

What does the product manufacturer say? Will the warranty the material for 15, 25, 50 years if you do lay it on a concrete floor?
Recently, there was an episode of Homes on Holmes where the wood floor laid on concrete was causing trouble. The plastic under the floor was nailed through, allowing moisture to wick its way up in to the floor.
Puckdropper

DON'T use polly under the wood. If the concrete gets cold & room air is warm it will cause compensation. Use something that will breath. IMO
JR.
It's all up to the manufacturer. Especially check the allowed room temperature and relative humidity limits for the warrantee to be valid. Mine were 50 to 80 deg F and 35 to 65 % RH. My RH was below 35% for a long time, the floor cupped and split and the mfr said "Sorry Charlie, the problem is yours." This was for a floor glued to a plywood subfloor, and only took 2 to 3 months from installation to become visible. I wood personally be worried more about the above floor conditions. The manufacturer is the final judge.

Floating floor, if that's available.
can you put a floating floor over water? haha