Bamboo

I would like to try using bamboo. Does anyone have any experience with this?. What are the pros and cons? Where would I go to buy it? Thanks?
I did a kitchen in Bamboo last February, and I used Teragren. They are based in Bainbridge Island, Wash. I bought it from Brady Hardwoods in Kent, Wash.
We used Verticle Grain Solid Stock Panel, Carmelized. NOTE: Understand the diference between "Solid Stock Panel" and "Panel" before you order. 3/4" x 4' x 8' Solid Stock Panel ran about $275.00/ Sheet.
I ripped face frame stock out of the sheets and built face frames with pocket screws.Worked Great!
I finished it with 4 coats M.L.Campbells Ultrastar Water-Born Satin lacquer.
The stuff is Heavy. It works easy, but it will burn if you hesitate. It sands like a dream:
Good Luck! Woodson

"trvlnmny" wrote:

Years ago, hand some 9 ft, jointed bamboo cane poles.
Very nice for Crappie fishing.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Does it work for good fishing? <G>