Bamboo

I would like to try using bamboo. Does anyone have any experience with this?. What are the pros and cons? Where would I go to buy it? Thanks?

Reply to
trvlnmny

I did a kitchen in Bamboo last February, and I used Teragren. They are based in Bainbridge Island, Wash. I bought it from Brady Hardwoods in Kent, Wash.

We used Verticle Grain Solid Stock Panel, Carmelized. NOTE: Understand the diference between "Solid Stock Panel" and "Panel" before you order. 3/4" x

4' x 8' Solid Stock Panel ran about $275.00/ Sheet.

I ripped face frame stock out of the sheets and built face frames with pocket screws.Worked Great!

I finished it with 4 coats M.L.Campbells Ultrastar Water-Born Satin lacquer.

The stuff is Heavy. It works easy, but it will burn if you hesitate. It sands like a dream:

Good Luck! Woodson

Reply to
Woodson

Years ago, hand some 9 ft, jointed bamboo cane poles.

Very nice for Crappie fishing.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett