Baltic birch vs ApplePly for drawers - your opinion please

Page 2 of 2
On Dec 11, 12:41pm, "Dick Snyder" The ApplePly is pretty expensive. I am wondering if there is a nice way I could finish the baltic birch or should I spring for the ApplePly.
I bought a chest of drawers for my wife a few years back and it had cedar drawer boxes. Of course, for clothes and such this makes sense, but I thought it was a very nice touch and one worth emulating.