baltic birch ply in central Alabama?

Anyone know where to buy full sheets of 3/4" baltic birch plywood in the Birmingham, AL area?
Woodcraft is mighty proud of their prices. I need quite a bit and am willing to drive a bit.
Thanks.
Bob- I buy 3/4" birch plywood (7-ply cabinet grade) in 4'x8' sheets at Lowe's in Huntsville for $41.00 per sheet. -- KayCee North Alabama Woodchipper

Don't do what I did and walk into a wood supply and ask for a 4x8 sheet of Baltic birch, or you may be laughed out of the store
As far as I know, it only comes in 5x5
John
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:50:23 -0600, "bob"

I've seen it in 4 x 8.
It is available on the east side of Atlanta at Atlanta Wood Products Center, AWPC, 5400 Riverview Rd, Mableton GA, 800-954-7804. You come across I20 and then head north on I-285 to the South Cobb Drive exit. Turn right, take your first right and it is down about 3/4 of a mile.
--
dbchamber at hotmail spam dot com

Remove the spam to reach me

4'x8' sheets of Baltic Birch or Finish Birch? Not ApplyPly? Where?

at mcewen lumber here in tucson. it's definitely not a regular stocking item for them. it wasn't even out on the floor... I suspect that it wasn't even for sale. it was either one or two lifts worth, stuck back in a corner like it was someone's personal stash. I don't know what the country of origin was, but they carry the russian stuff, so I suspect that's what it was. I had heard that some of the baltic manufacturers were making some 4x8 sheets, but that was the first time I had seen any in the wild. and the last....
it was definitely 4' x 8' sheets though.
You sure that was Baltic or Finnish Birch and not just cabinet grade plywood??
I know that ApplePly comes in full 4x8 or even 4x10 sheets with the multiple plys like the foreign stuff
John

yep.
yep too.

Bob,
Try your local lumber yard. Mine carries 1/2" but they say they can get 3/4" in 2 or 3 days. If the volume is enough you can probably cut a good deal as they just have to place the order - little or no inventory carry time.
-Chris
According to the very latest issue of ShopNotes....Baltic Birch plywood comes from somewhere along the Baltic Sea. Russia I suppose. It's thicknesses are measured in the metric i.e. 18mm for 3/4 inch. Available in 5'x5' sheets.
Here's some links I found...
http://www.growinglifestyle.com/article/s0/a253326.html
http://www.woodworkerssource.net/ebony/baltic-birch-plywood-c.html
http://www.woodnshop.com/default.htm
Hope this helps. Joe kb8qlr
Be sure to check-out our webpages... http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/kb8qlrjoe/index.html New pictures & links being added frequently.
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 21:50:23 -0600, "bob"

Perhaps at Hardwoods Inc. of Alabama, in Jemison (near Clanton).
(800) 467-4160 or (205) 646-4160.
--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact /

Not even if the individual comes armed with a tax i.d. number?