baltic birch

well i've seen many posts about finding good baltic birch plywood in the south and east SF/Bay area, so i was wondering about suppliers in the north bay/marin, and SF. the only one i know of is golden state lumber but their prices are pretty high as i recall... any info is much appreciated, i'm just looking for some 1/8 and 1/4 inch. thicknesses

Reply to
I D L

Hello -

Not sure what size you're looking for, but I have picked up "handy panels" (2x4 &4x4) at Home Depot, Yardbirds and Friedman Brothers. Mead Clark in Santa Rosa stocks the standard 5 x 5 sheets. Hope this helps.

John Moorhead

Reply to
John Moorhead

snipped-for-privacy@hotpop.com (I D L) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

if you can get to Oakland, just south of Emeryville. They are also in San Francisco.

#include standard disclaimer

Patriarch

Reply to
patriarch

Is the birch plywood you saw at Home Depot "baltic birch?" -- The 9-ply 1/2" baltic birch? I've only noticed the regular grade 5 ply (3 ply / 2 veneer) full sheets -- which aren't as high quality...

I'm looking for it in south central Minnesota and would be pleased if I can get the "real" cabinet/furniture grade baltic birch plywood at Home Depot. I'll have to check out the "handy panels" -- I usually just pick up full sheets and I never paid much attention to the "handy panels." I always thought they were just resawn pieces of 4x8 sheets that got damaged...

Reply to
upbeat

Up -

Yep, the real McCoy, at the Borg. Whoda thunk?

John

Reply to
John Moorhead