balanced crank handle source?

I want to put a balanced crank handle on a homemade shoulder vise (like the one on the Delta Tenoning Jig) and DAGS, but couldn't come up with a price for less than about fifty freakin' dollars apiece. Since this vise (like most of my projects) will be completely cobbled together, uh, I mean, improvised with on hand materials, I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find one (or a few, they're pretty cool), and also I was wondering if this was a run-on sentence :).
'Preciate the tips,
-Phil Crow