Bad news about the new DeWalt 12" slider (IMHO)

I finally got my hands on the new slider. It is a step backwards, as far as I'm concerned. It does not slide 1/2 as well as the earlier model (the one with the vertically arranged rails), and it has more lateral play that is not related to any slop in the rails. The difficulty in starting to slide the new model is enough to take it off my wish list. Bummer.
Dave

Are you talking about the $650 model? It sounds like Dewalt took a big plunge in design or build quality or both.
Bob
BillyBob wrote:

That's the one. model DW718.
Dave
David wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.... For some reason I assumed you were talking about a sliding table for a TS, and not a SCMS. I couldn't imagine that the sliding table would only be 12".
-John