Bad Bosch Band Saw Blades

Don't be fooled into thinking that everything that a reputable company markets is great, I would suspect that even Festool has some stinkers.

Reply to
Leon

Like everything else, you get what you pay for. China makes perfectly good steel (the steel for the signature tower of the bay bridge is from China). China also makes cheap goods for purchase by cheap consumers in the US with lower quality.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

I generally like Bosch tools but I have a palm sander that has never held the paper. It's particularly bad with 220 paper.

Like their price sheet? ;-)

Reply to
krw

In the past 25 years I have used 4-6 different Bosch drills, ranging from hammer drills, regular corded drills, cordless and impact drivers. I have not liked any of them I do have 2 of their routers which I do like.

There is that however their new cordless drill seems to be priced to compete and their sand paper is not a badly priced considering how long it lasts.

Reply to
Leon

I have five Bosch cordless drivers and drills (two copies of one - freebies). I really like 'em. I also have their saber saw (nice), an antique reciprocating saw (it works - bought it well used), Colt router (nice), hammer-drill (not used enough to have an opinion), and SCMS (nice but dust collection could be better). Other than the sander, it's all been well worth the money. It was only about the price of a piece of Festering sandpaper, though. ;-)

I thought their drills were pretty expensive. Sanders, too. I have a Festool router and the TS-55 (and parallel jig). Expensive stuff, all. If I bought a saber saw now it would probably be a Festool, but I just can't bring myself to go that high for a drill or sander. Likely just a hang-up.

Reply to
krw

Here is the new drill I was referring to.

have 2 Festool sanders and IMHO they are worth every penny I spent on them, Having already owned the CT22 dust extractor the sanders require no dust clean up and the Rotex can be as aggressive as a belt sander or as gentle as a polish finish sander. You really don't realize how much dust those sanders are picking up until you do a little 180 hand sanding to ease corner edges and then there is dust every where it seems.

Reply to
Leon

Don't know which I hate worse, sanding or finishing. While both are still a disklike, they are now sooooo much easier thanks to Festool and Earlex.

Reply to
Swingman

Have you shot the desk project yet? I'd like to see that if it is not too much trouble and or I can make it by.

Reply to
Leon

phorbin