Bad Bosch Band Saw Blades

Page 2 of 2

I have five Bosch cordless drivers and drills (two copies of one - freebies). I really like 'em. I also have their saber saw (nice), an antique reciprocating saw (it works - bought it well used), Colt router (nice), hammer-drill (not used enough to have an opinion), and SCMS (nice but dust collection could be better). Other than the sander, it's all been well worth the money. It was only about the price of a piece of Festering sandpaper, though. ;-)

I thought their drills were pretty expensive. Sanders, too. I have a Festool router and the TS-55 (and parallel jig). Expensive stuff, all. If I bought a saber saw now it would probably be a Festool, but I just can't bring myself to go that high for a drill or sander. Likely just a hang-up.
On 8/31/2011 12:35 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Here is the new drill I was referring to.
http://drills.festoolusa.com/cordless-drills/models/cxs /
I have 2 Festool sanders and IMHO they are worth every penny I spent on them, Having already owned the CT22 dust extractor the sanders require no dust clean up and the Rotex can be as aggressive as a belt sander or as gentle as a polish finish sander. You really don't realize how much dust those sanders are picking up until you do a little 180 hand sanding to ease corner edges and then there is dust every where it seems.
On 8/31/2011 1:16 PM, Leon wrote:

Don't know which I hate worse, sanding or finishing. While both are still a disklike, they are now sooooo much easier thanks to Festool and Earlex.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 8/31/2011 1:30 PM, Swingman wrote:

Have you shot the desk project yet? I'd like to see that if it is not too much trouble and or I can make it by.
On 8/28/2011 9:43 PM, Hoosierpopi wrote:

I have never subscribed to the low tension setting, I use close to the setting suggested by my saw gauge.

I couldn't locally find a bandsaw blade in the size (56-1/8) I needed for my Black & Decker 3-wheeler other than a Bosch, so I am currently trying one. So far it's working good. Cut through bone like butter, tracked great and even kept the dust down. I'll see how long it lasts.
"Hoosierpopi" wrote
So I took it back to Lowes and traded it for another. After about fifteen more pickets - it snapped in half! I'm on my third blade and planning on taking it back, as well as the second broken blade.
Neither broke at the weld seam.
OK, what I'm looking to learn is the brand of Band Saw Blade I can depend upon and a source or two for same. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Betcha the blades are made in China. China steel and accurate heat treating sucks. Find better blades.
-- Jim in NC

Like everything else, you get what you pay for. China makes perfectly good steel (the steel for the signature tower of the bay bridge is from China). China also makes cheap goods for purchase by cheap consumers in the US with lower quality.
snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home says...

(Amazon.com product link shortened)- Production/dp/0470928077/ref=cm_cr_dp_orig_subj