Backsaw fence

I know that in the past I've seen backsaws with an adjustable fence that slid up and down via two slots in the blade. Very handy for both dovetails and tenons. A google search finds nothing except one or two references to antiques.
Does anyone still make one?
: I know that in the past I've seen backsaws with an adjustable fence that : slid up and down via two slots in the blade. Very handy for both : dovetails and tenons. A google search finds nothing except one or two : references to antiques. : : Does anyone still make one?
Veritas has these: http://www.veritastools.com/products/Page.aspx?p 1
and http://www.veritastools.com/Products/Page.aspx?p 0
Not exactly what you're looking for though.
Also came across this, which appears to be a bit closer to what you want:
http://www.fine-tools.com/G301399.htm
Len

Japan Woodworker has one. http://www.japanwoodworker.com/product.asp?s=JapanWoodworker&pf_id .117.3&dept_id085
If the URL doesn't work, search for "depth stop" on the site.
On Wed, 08 Oct 2008 06:16:22 -0400, Maxwell Lol wrote:

http://www.japanwoodworker.com/product.asp?s=JapanWoodworker&pf_id .117.3&dept_id085
That's pretty close - thanks.
writes:

There's also this one: http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tools/Special_tools_for:_Fretting/Fret_Slotting_Saw.html - - the diagonal slots allow for finer variations.
Dave O'Heare soon to be dave.oheareATgmail.com
It's easy enough to make one. It can be as simple as a piece of wood clamped to the side of the blade. One could even drill 2 holes in the saw blade and attach a piece of wood with vertical slots aligned with the holes and make an adjustable one. Art
"Larry Blanchard"wrote ...

Was wondering if any of them have a digital readout. :D
Woodn't a woulden clothes pin work? A double thickness of electrical tape might serve as a tactile landmark.