Backing for Mirror

Agreed. I cut the outline (if necessary) then try to find the nails/crews and remove it in big pieces. I can then score and break the waste where dust doesn't matter.

Needs to be "accessible" Removeable panel makes it accessible. It DOES need to be in an approved enclosure (box) - no live capped off cables terminating in open air. So forget the wire-nuts and just stich a receptacle on it.
On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 22:09:21 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Screw an outlet strip w/ surge protector and circuit breaker down to the bottom of the center box before attaching the back, then route its pigtail out one of the bottom vent holes. Piece o' cake.
-- The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer
On 10/22/2012 10:32 AM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

Is the electrical outlet in the way? If not why do anything at all with it? What makes covering it up any different than putting a sofa in front of a wall plug?
On 10/25/2012 9:55 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:

As I said it is above the fireplace, too high to have to bend over. ;-)
As I remember there was a big discussion on this group(?) about closing in plugs a few months ago, and I was just checking if there had been any changes. As I understood from a practical point of view there was no problem, but there may be a problem with local regulations.