Baby Gloat and Hepl needed. Craftsman Bandsaw 14"

I bought a 14" Craftsman bandsaw Model 113.224140 from an estate sale the other day. $30.00.

Here is my problem. I can not get the blades to track.I am either running off to the front on the bottom wheel or at the back on the top wheel. I have tried for two hours to track a new blade. I have tried various tensions. Just not happening.

Is there a way to adjust the wheels other than the tilt. THe wheels seem not in the same plane.

I have replacement tires for the saw. Should I replace them.

TIA.

Reply to
rllipham

Here we go again! Yes, there's a way. Assuming the wheels are good 'n true, you'll have to check how far out of coplanar they are, then shim out (or in) the wheel that Craftsman designed to be shimmed. If the old tires have lost their crown, new tires may help. Check out the archives in rec.woodworking for more info. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

I can get a 1/4" blade to align but not an 1/8" blade. Mayby just the tires?

Reply to
rllipham

Align, or track? Let's get our terminology down, here. You said it was jumping the wheels, top and bottom. They may not always fly true to the center of the wheels Sometimes, a wider blade will track differently than a narrower one. First, fix the planar relationship, and if that doesn't work, try the tires. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom