B&D "Improved" 9.6 Volt Battery

I've gone through two B&D Chargers and several batteries without destroying the drill itself.
Noticed a battery in Wal-Mart labeled "Improved" and wondered if anyone knew about it. Is it much of an IMPROVEMENT?
I was told the DeWalt 9.6 Volt Battery could be made to fit (and that it was superior) but It didn't fit "out of the box" and was too pricey to buy and try if a modification would prevent my returning it for credit or cash.

Having your old battery rebuilt will almost always yield a better battery than you can buy new.