AWOL posts??

Folks -

I've tried three times to post a follow up regarding my first week teaching WW class.... My message is text only, natch, and shorter than many of the other posts here. I am going to post it in two parts, immediately following this message.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

John Moorhead

Reply to
John Moorhead

Two copies show up here (so far...)

Looks like your sever isn't updated for some reason....

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Duane -

Thanks! My OP on this posted immediately, and my other two messages... did not... do you see a pair of messages from me 1/2 & 2/2? This is wierd!

John

Reply to
John Moorhead

I have seen everything you have posted.

Who is your ISP? Sometimes my ISP drops my outgoing messages. But I can read replys to them.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Lee -

sbcglobal.net I am not seeing any of my posts, except this thread.... I have had this happen before, and if any of y'all have any advice.... I did call sbc earlier and they gave me the "shut up" answer.... it must be MY computer....rrrr

John

Reply to
John Moorhead

Yeah. It's *working*. All 3 and 2-halves times now.

Why _you're_ not seeing it is a separate question.

Either Prodigy's news-server is fouled up -- which wouldn't be (a) surprising, or (b) the first time -- or your news-reader is just not showing it to you.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

Yes...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

Maybe he read one of his own posts without realizing it, disagreed with it, and killfiled himself.

Reply to
Jerry S.

I had a troll who targeted me once. He used my e-mail addy as his e-mail address. When I killfiled him, I killfiled myself. Once I figured it out, I went back and reversed it. He had to keep changing his addy because people didn't like him. Once I corrected the killfile, I was OK.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

BTW, interesting to read--don't know your age, but I don't think I could tolerate the present attitudes in a classroom any more--I'm too old and set in my ways, methinks.

Haven't tried to teach a shop class, but even the local community college pre-engineering and math/physics classes I taught a couple years ago strained my patience beyond what I would care to do for any length of time...the attitude relative to when I went to school is so different that unless one were there all along I don't think it would be at all easy to adjust---and I can only imagine the additional problems in metro areas... :(

That said, if you can hang in there and give them some guidance, I'm all for ya'...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth

I don't, but news servers can be funny things and not all ISP's provide reliable access to Usenet, as other replies have indicated.

In the future, if you have doubts about a post showing up, you might try searching for it at groups.google.com. They archive all Usenet content (excepting binaries, I believe).

Reply to
Jim Weisgram

I've seen it all three times here.

Mark & Juanita

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:41:00 GMT, "John Moorhead" scribbled:

I saw all three of your posts & the part 1 & 2. Sometimes my ISP drops my posts when they are "too" long (e.g. some sections of the antifaq). When my posts don't show up, I check google a few hours later to make sure whether I need to post it again.

Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address

Luigi Zanasi

Duane Bozarth wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@swko.dot.net:

I always thought that one of the last paying jobs I would have would be to teach at the college level. I did it during grad school, and enjoyed it quite a bit. And teaching and mentoring was always an enjoyable part of my career in industry, too.

But I'm changing. I'm less patient with everything than I used to be. Even people I really enjoy need to be taken on in smaller doses, and I'm a lot less tolerant of crowds/situations in which I have limited control.

I had an invitation to consider teaching in the local adult ed, and have let it pass. I really enjoy helping and explaining, but I like to know that I can walk away when I'm not in the mood to listen to someone else's screaming machines.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch