AWOL posts??

Folks -
I've tried three times to post a follow up regarding my first week teaching WW class.... My message is text only, natch, and shorter than many of the other posts here. I am going to post it in two parts, immediately following this message.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on?
John Moorhead
John Moorhead wrote:

Two copies show up here (so far...)
Looks like your sever isn't updated for some reason....
Duane -
Thanks! My OP on this posted immediately, and my other two messages... did not... do you see a pair of messages from me 1/2 & 2/2? This is wierd!
John

I have seen everything you have posted.
Who is your ISP? Sometimes my ISP drops my outgoing messages. But I can read replys to them.
Lee -
sbcglobal.net I am not seeing any of my posts, except this thread.... I have had this happen before, and if any of y'all have any advice.... I did call sbc earlier and they gave me the "shut up" answer.... it must be MY computer....rrrr
John
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:41:00 GMT, "John Moorhead"

I saw all three of your posts & the part 1 & 2. Sometimes my ISP drops my posts when they are "too" long (e.g. some sections of the antifaq). When my posts don't show up, I check google a few hours later to make sure whether I need to post it again.
Luigi Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html
John Moorhead wrote:

Yes...
John Moorhead wrote:

BTW, interesting to read--don't know your age, but I don't think I could tolerate the present attitudes in a classroom any more--I'm too old and set in my ways, methinks.
Haven't tried to teach a shop class, but even the local community college pre-engineering and math/physics classes I taught a couple years ago strained my patience beyond what I would care to do for any length of time...the attitude relative to when I went to school is so different that unless one were there all along I don't think it would be at all easy to adjust---and I can only imagine the additional problems in metro areas... :(
That said, if you can hang in there and give them some guidance, I'm all for ya'...

I always thought that one of the last paying jobs I would have would be to teach at the college level. I did it during grad school, and enjoyed it quite a bit. And teaching and mentoring was always an enjoyable part of my career in industry, too.
But I'm changing. I'm less patient with everything than I used to be. Even people I really enjoy need to be taken on in smaller doses, and I'm a lot less tolerant of crowds/situations in which I have limited control.
I had an invitation to consider teaching in the local adult ed, and have let it pass. I really enjoy helping and explaining, but I like to know that I can walk away when I'm not in the mood to listen to someone else's screaming machines.
Patriarch

Yeah. It's *working*. All 3 and 2-halves times now. <grin>
Why _you're_ not seeing it is a separate question.
Either Prodigy's news-server is fouled up -- which wouldn't be (a) surprising, or (b) the first time -- or your news-reader is just not showing it to you.

surprising,
you.
Maybe he read one of his own posts without realizing it, disagreed with it, and killfiled himself.

I had a troll who targeted me once. He used my e-mail addy as his e-mail address. When I killfiled him, I killfiled myself. Once I figured it out, I went back and reversed it. He had to keep changing his addy because people didn't like him. Once I corrected the killfile, I was OK.
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:24:13 GMT, "John Moorhead"

I don't, but news servers can be funny things and not all ISP's provide reliable access to Usenet, as other replies have indicated.
In the future, if you have doubts about a post showing up, you might try searching for it at groups.google.com. They archive all Usenet content (excepting binaries, I believe).

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 18:24:13 GMT, "John Moorhead"

I've seen it all three times here.