aw nuts, saw nuts

Every time I think I've got a jig figured out, I nearly have a heart attack when the blade bites too deep into the brass.
I ruined one $35 carbide tooth blade, today. Sigh.
Maybe I shoulda just bought an IT ('cept it don't exist no more.)
At least I now have a crosscut sled. :)
er
--
email not valid

I thought IT saws were now made by Lie Nielsen.
That doesn't mean you shouldn't build your own, however. Just that you won't save any money. ;-)
Patriarch, who loves his LN (& Adria) backsaws...

Let me interject a couple Qs here, how long does a sharpening last on those Adria and LN saws, anyway? And, what does IT mean?
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
AAvK wrote:

Independence Tools, started by Patrick Leach and Pete Taran. Lie-Nielsen bought 'em apparently, and Adria Tools, and now that nice curly maple handled saw on their website is it.
er
--
email not valid