aw nuts, saw nuts

Every time I think I've got a jig figured out, I nearly have a heart attack when the blade bites too deep into the brass.

I ruined one $35 carbide tooth blade, today. Sigh.

Maybe I shoulda just bought an IT ('cept it don't exist no more.)

At least I now have a crosscut sled. :)

er

Reply to
Enoch Root

Enoch Root wrote in news:BbqdnfNuN58xJKnZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@forethought.net:

I thought IT saws were now made by Lie Nielsen.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't build your own, however. Just that you won't save any money. ;-)

Patriarch, who loves his LN (& Adria) backsaws...

Reply to
Patriarch

Let me interject a couple Qs here, how long does a sharpening last on those Adria and LN saws, anyway? And, what does IT mean?

Reply to
AAvK

Independence Tools, started by Patrick Leach and Pete Taran. Lie-Nielsen bought 'em apparently, and Adria Tools, and now that nice curly maple handled saw on their website is it.

er

Reply to
Enoch Root