Aviation Snips - Required tools for parents

Page 2 of 2

I have a set of heavy shears sold by Olfa that I use to open blister packs that have been welded shut. They're sharp enough and heavy enough to cut the plastic effectively (and they'll also cut thin metal like shim stock). I suppose the compound aviation snips would work too, but I've never needed the mechanical advantage, and they're slower.