Automatic turn on switch

I have a Bosch 3915 Sliding miter saw. I'm bolting it to nice bench with support wings. In base of the bench I want to have storage as well as a shop Vac. directly hooked up to the saw. Ideally, I want to be able to turn on the saw and have the shop Vac function at the same time (automatically). Is there a way to do this without major wire modification on the saw? Thanks.
Michael B.
I would suggest a seperate micro switch (mains rated) attached to the back of the saw so when the saw is slid forward the switch operates or it could be attached to the part where the saw tilts down and is operated, this would need a flexible lead though. I know it's obvious but make sure all bare wire are enclosed in a proper shroud so there is no possibility of you or your saw comng into contact with the wiring. The micro switch should interrupt the path of the "live" to a socket that the extractor is plugged into. Ideally you should have an isolator that will kill the power to the whole sawbench when you are not present.
Rgds Al

Hi Michael, If you already have the Shop Vac ignore this post but if you don't, just buy one with that feature. JG
Michael Billings wrote:

Sears sell a plug that allow you to do this. Plug them both in and anytime the 1 plug goes "active" it will activate the other.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=Yes&vertical=TOOL&pid924031000&bidsite=CRAFT
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

I second that. It's portable and can be used for lights as well as vacs.
--
Best regards
Han