JBC77 wrote in news:cguMd.22930$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com:

Gee. I haven't seen that issue yet. ;-)

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Broke your TARDUS, did you?

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

After frantically hunting under the bed, both couches, and the stack of papers-that-should-have-been-thrown-away-but-have-yet-to-make-it-to-the-r ecycle-can-that-accumulate-by-the-phone, I finally found #91 under a couple papers on my desk. Huh, that would have likely been the most likely place to look but, no, I gotta crawl around looking under dust ruffles and such...

I agree wholeheartedly about the quality and appeal of Woodwork. This past fall I dropped my subscription to Fine Woodworking after 5 years. In my view it's morphed into one continuous tool or finish test after another with articles that don't go into any depth or offer variety of the woodworking world. The worst was the article on knots (of the rope variety, not wood) and how to tie loads securely. Woodwork always has at least one profile article on someone in the craft plus furniture and turning. They frequently run something on international issues and interests and a little editorial on art, design and creativity.

When FWW sent my renewal bill I wrote them a note explaining why I wouldn't be reupping this year and specifically mentioned my satistaction with Woodwork as well as recommending that the editors study the first 20 years of Fine Woodworking to see how much they've changed their content and focus.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

I just rec'd my issue of #92, April '05 - whew. Looks like my renewal got straightened out as my new expiration date is Feb. '07 (boy, doesn't that sound like a long way off). Thank you Dia (my MIL).

Thumbing through the mag I spotted a page announcing their new website:

It's good to see them finally having a web presence - I guess better late than never. I'm surprised they got away with it for so long.

Reply to
Fly-by-Night CC

Thank you for all your replies. From what i can read, the subjet is not so 'obvious'. Particularly as we are working with the main line, it is not as easy as with low voltage (OK, i know the principle as described previously : current sensor, level detector, relay for switching and delay on swith off of the router, sander ,...). So if we want a design working directly on the main line voltage with few component, ... not so easy! As i'm living in Europe and that it is almost impossible to receive the WOODWORKER magazine, i would be very pleased to receive a copy (scan on .pdf, .jpg, ...) of this particular article your are talking about. I know it is not compliant with the copyright laws, but in my particular situation, i think we can do an 'exeption'! Many thanks by advance.

Didier

Reply to
d2

Why? A few turns around the line carrying the controlling load (saw, say) to a low-voltage transister to control a switching relay...what's so hard? As simple as a 555 for delay control should suffice.

Reply to
Duane Bozarth