Autodesk to borrow?

Page 2 of 3
"Leon" wrote in message

Please, you sound like a sobbing little school girl with a skint knee.

Could you point out that specific accusation? If you took him mentioning that the link set his AV off 6 times as an accusation then you are a bit of a paranoid pussy..
"Leon" wrote in message

You are coming dangerously close to allowing your fingers to write checks that your ass is completely incapable of cashing, cupcake. Take the virtual ass whipping I gave you today like a man. The stinging you're obviously feeling will eventually subside. Rather than being bitter about it, try and think of it as a valuable learning experience.
Now, you run along back to being Karl's bitch, I find you boring and stale.
On 4/14/2014 9:33 PM, John Kennerson wrote:

Pussy

Probably the type that was taught to expect a trophy for participating.
On 4/14/2014 4:57 PM, Leon wrote:

Sunnavabitch! ... Bay Area Dave is back?!?!
Where's Apeman when you need him? LOL
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
"Swingman" wrote in message

Sorry, "Bay Area Dave" doesn't ring a bell with me, apparently before my time.
You might want keep a tighter reign on your bitch, Leon. He got a little uppity today and as a result I had to take him to the woodshed.
On 4/14/2014 10:23 PM, John Kennerson wrote:

Pussy

Back to the original subject...
As you've already figured out by others, "borrowing" isn't an option. Licensing prevents that. If you *must* have ACAD your best choice would be to download a trial version. the other option would be to sign up for a class and get an education version with a timebomb.
With that said I've downloaded a free version of progeCad and used it for several years. I'm a very light user but everything I attempted matched ACAD exactly. They no longer offer a free version and the download I have refuses to install on anything later that Vista but it could probably be hacked to install on a newer OS goven a little time and effort. If you were to decide it was worth the time it can be purchased for the reasonable cost of $499, 1/10th the cost of ACAD. You can find it at http://www.progesoft.com if you have any interest.
Regards, Larry

So if I came over to your house, if I used your computer and drew some stuff on your autodesk, your license would be void? How about if I borrowed your computer with the program on it for a few days, and then returned it? Void then, also? How about if you were not planning to use your autodesk program for a few days, or months, and let me use it then I returned it. Nowhere did any money change hands, or was ownership transferred. Still voided?
That's all I'm talking about, here. I'm not trying to get a copy and keep it, or buy it. I want to BORROW it for a little while to see if I can put out work professional enough to get a job doing it, then if I am good enough, I will be getting my own legal, leased copy of the program, and going to work using it.
See, I have time on my hands. I am totally disabled from a fall. I may never return to work as a carpenter in any capacity again. I'm trying to see what else I can do. I want to teach myself the program, and see if I like the work. I have contracting and drafting experience. I thought someone may have an autodesk laying around (perhaps a few versions old) that I could use for a little while. No transfer of ownership. Gray enough to be legal.
Sorry if I stirred up so much controversy. As far as being knowledgeable in torrents, I'm not. Why was there a big download button if you are not supposed to use it. A horseshow? Who knows that except one that plays in torrents all of the time?
I even offered my own email address, so if someone wanted to help me out, they could have zero exposure. I've been posting here for a good while, and I think most will say that I have a solid history of being a reasonable person. I knew it was a long shot, but I asked. I thought I had a copy of the last autodesk that was put out without a flagged lease on it, which was around 97 I think. I don't have it, unfortunately. I will have to go with the 30 day trial, which is not ideal, due to the timing on my disability and pending legal case, or try to go and sit through community college classes, which is not ideal from a personal pain and comfort perspective. I will do what I have to do, but I like gray better than pirated and red software, in any case.
--
Jim in NC

On 4/14/2014 8:06 PM, Morgans wrote:

No, none of the above would "void" the license or be illegal.
Why? Because it remained on the same machine, still compliant under the terms of the purchasers license.

Illegal (and prosecutable (especially if you were MSFT and it was a corporate license), yes.
Why? Because the license for Autodesk, last time I looked, is specific to one instance of use, on one machine.
In this day age, best to ask those kind of questions prior to publicly attempting to violate a software license agreement ... you never know who is watching. Tough to get a job in the tech industry with a software copyright violation conviction on your record.
Not that I, or most of us, give a shit, but it is bad form, and does show an ignorance of the legality of software use.
Sorry, to be the bearer of that bit of fact, but now you know.
I do sincerely hope that you find a solution to your problem, and overcome that disability.
Contact AutoDesk and discuss your options with them. You might be surprised, especially considering your track record of being a public school teacher.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

And you are still a pompous ass, as characterized by someone else without a dog in the fight.
--
Jim in NC

That could be what I have to do. I posted a lengthy response a few minutes ago, laying out my motivations and reasoning. Still, I will probably go the education route if I have to.

Unfortunately, I have an employer in mind, and working with them will necessitate using the same program they are using, I believe. I am gong to bookmark your link, though. Thanks. I only wish I had not lost my copy of the old autodesk.
--
Jim in NC

You got a true LoL on that one! I need to flame a little bit more to be reasonable? <g>

Yes, I do understand your position. I think you can see, I'm really not trying to cheat anyone, and with my personal circumstances, my heart is in the right place.
I think I'm going to go with the community college educational license. I can use it for up to three years as I learn it. If it takes that long, I will officially label myself as a "sometimers" patient. I guess I will see how baad of a dog this computer is at running a demanding program like autodesk.
--
Jim in NC

That I am fully aware of. I don't want to go there.

Good idea! I had not considered that route. Doubtful to work, but it can't hurt to ask. Perhaps I will find someone there with a little extra heart!
--
Jim in NC

"John Kennerson" wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------- Well at least you recognize the obvious.
Someday your time will come.
In the mean time, might want to keep your mouth shut and your eyes and ears open.
Lew
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

You sad, pathetic little man. Are you even vaguely cognizant of the depth of your deficiencies? Perhaps when you're able to perform the simplest of tasks (like posting a new subject in this group without "Re:") you will earn a response from me.
Obama voter, right? 'Nuff said...
another dipshit troll
On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 17:02:53 -0400 (EDT), John Kennerson

Blustering in with insults and criticisms. Does that work well for you? You might well be a very knowledgeable person, but your incredible humility won't make you very popular.
On Tue, 15 Apr 2014 12:23:33 -0400 (EDT), John Kennerson

Yep he is replying from the sewer.
Mark