Autodesk to borrow?

Page 1 of 3
Seems I need to find a new career that does not involve lifting or climbing, after my near fatal fall. I'm thinking of getting back into using autocad autodesk, (barely learned some of it in the distant past) and need to see if I can become good enough to get hired by someone. I therefore need a version to work with, but at nearly 4K per copy, I would rather wait until I decide to for sure commit to it, before I but a 4K program and a 3K computer.
Anyone got a copy of it around that I could borrow for 2 or 3 months? Any version would do, for now.
If you are willing, contact me off list, at jsmorganatcharter.net since it is not legal to sell autodesk to a third party. I don't think there is a problem with borrowing, but it would be best to keep it below the table, me thinks.
--
Jim in NC

Maybe try your local community college. I know years ago our local one taught a class.
Maybe try sketch up as well.
Mike in Ohio
On 4/10/2014 6:08 PM, Morgans wrote:

Gotta do autodesk. There is one specific employer I am looking towards, and that is what they use.
Yep, community college is a possibility. Funny, that they are looking for an autodesk teacher, right now. If I knew it, I could apply for that job, since I have been a teacher for years.
--
Jim in NC

"Morgans" wrote in message
Seems I need to find a new career that does not involve lifting or climbing, after my near fatal fall. I'm thinking of getting back into using autocad autodesk, (barely learned some of it in the distant past) and need to see if I can become good enough to get hired by someone. I therefore need a version to work with, but at nearly 4K per copy, I would rather wait until I decide to for sure commit to it, before I but a 4K program and a 3K computer.
Anyone got a copy of it around that I could borrow for 2 or 3 months? Any version would do, for now.
If you are willing, contact me off list, at jsmorganatcharter.net since it is not legal to sell autodesk to a third party. I don't think there is a problem with borrowing, but it would be best to keep it below the table, me thinks.
--
Jim in NC

Jim,

The Autodesk site does have 30 day free trials you could download and use.

Jim in NC

On 4/10/2014 6:08 PM, Morgans wrote:

I don't know how much CAD experience you have. There's a free *2D* CAD program that advertises as follows:
"DoubleCAD™ XT is an AutoCAD LT® work-alike. But free."
I can't attest to the "look-alike" claim, I have almost no experience with AutoCAD, and even that was with a much older version. But it stands to reason that they would TRY to make it similar enough to AutoCAD to entice people to use it (and then buy their 3D "pro" product).
I've used DoubleCAD, some. It works. Barring getting AutoCAD somehow, perhaps a free "sort-of-similar" program would get you started. It can be downloaded here:
http://www.doublecad.com/DoubleCAD/DoubleCAD-XT-v5
Best of luck.

Thanks. I'll check it out.
--
Jim in NC

On 4/11/2014 3:49 PM, Morgans wrote:

You can download AutoCAD 2015 for a 30 day free trial. http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-autocad/free-trial?mktvar002 c_wwm_amer_us_nc_autocad2014trial
If that doesn't work, a search on "autocad free download" brings up several hits. One of them might get you what you need.
wrote

Yes, I had found the site, and the only thing is that I will need to use it until July, so 30 days is not enough.
Thanks for posting the info, though.
--
Jim in NC

Did you look in a.b.boneless or a.b.misc?
On Thu, 10 Apr 2014 18:08:57 -0400, "Morgans"

"Morgans" wrote in message

Autocad 2014 64 bit http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8309310/AUTODESK.AUTOCAD.V2014.WIN64-ISO
Autocad 2014 32 bit http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8309307/AUTODESK.AUTOCAD.V2014.WIN32-ISO
Both are 100% clean and work perfectly.

For being clean, it set off my virus protection 6 or so times. Not worth the risk, nor is it worth getting caught by autodesk using an illegal copy, if that is to be my livelihood in the future.
--
Jim in NC

"Morgans" wrote in message

You obviously know absolutely nothing about downloading torrents and are too damn lazy to do any research. Let me guess, wanting instant gratification you simply clicked the Download icon instead of the small red horseshoe magnet, right?
Both links posted earlier are absolutely clean. Sorry, you'll not get any further hand holding from me.

Are you actually stupid enough to believe you would be any less in violation of Autodesk's licensing agreement by "borrowing" a copy of acad from a participant of rec.woodworking than you would be with a pirated copy?
No need to answer that, the fact you were stupid enough to ask in the first place speaks volumes about your intellectually challenged condition.
On 4/14/2014 7:52 AM, John Kennerson wrote:

Joe some one new here you seem a bit too quick to judge.
"Leon" wrote in message

How so?
On 4/14/2014 8:08 AM, Leon wrote:

Sorry to say, I actually agree with his basic premise.
For as long as I've know, AutoDesk specifically never has done anything but "license" the use of their software, they do not "sell" it to you.
Borrowing a copy of copyrighted, and licensed software would be subject to the restrictions in the license that the Lender/purchaser agreed to when purchasing.
I thought it was pretty silly to publicly attempt to circumvent the license by requesting to "borrow" the software ... that certainly showed a total ignorance of the laws regarding copyright and software, if nothing else.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Agreed, I was wanting to convey the relatively offensive nature of the response vs the subject of the response. It was a red flag seeing the request to borrow.
On 4/14/2014 12:34 PM, Leon wrote:

I didn't say anything initially either ... but was waiting for a self-righteous moderator wannabe to jump in, thumping their chests like "Me Tarzan!".
Agreed, the response was indeed over the top ... sounded like something I would say. LOL <g> <BSEG> <G> ;) ;) ;>) Hehe
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
"Leon" wrote in message wrote:

The OP wrongly accused me of posting links to virus infected software. Dry your eyes and man-up, Buttercup. If you're that easily offended reading my response perhaps you need a new passtime.

But you weren't man enough to call him out for it? Just as I thought, you're all hat and no cattle.

Let me rephrase, the venom in your response.