Autocad for the faint of heart

Hello: I'm looking for a simple cad package to help me visualize simple wood working projects such as a bookshelf. I'm hoping this will help me see where to put the dadoes and rabbit joints. Can someone suggest a good application? AutoCad seems like overkill.
Thanks for any clues. -Ed

good
QCAd is Free. But, it's 2-D, as far as I can tell. Of course, Paper is 2D, and that worked pretty well for people for several thousand years.
www.ribbonsoft.com
Jim H

good
There's a free software called ProDesktop Express that you can download from http://www.ptc.com .... It's a 3d modeling tool for parts and assemblies, very powerful, and I'm surprised that it's free (there is a paid version for $1000, but everything you would need is in the free version.)... There's no time limits or anything on it. I've not spent much time in it, but I've gone through some tutorials and they're pretty good. This may not be for the faint of heart, though... I've heard a lot of good things about TurboCad, but never used it. Autocad's not that hard for 2D, though, and there's a lot of resources available. The LT version is a few hundred bucks I think and as far as 2D stuff is just like the full version. Not a good choice for 3d, though.
Jonathan Kendall
Ed,
Try Deltacad. It's simple to use. I've tried some others but this is easy and quick. It doesn't have all the bells and whisltes but it only costs $45 and you can get a free trial.
Chuck
Thanks Chuck but Delta Cad is only a 2-D CAD tool
UltraCAD. That's the ticket. Cheap.... I've spend 2 hours fiddling with it, and it seems like a great 3-D tool.....and easy to use.
-Ed

Last Winter when I was designing wooden train cars I was using drafting tools. Thought it was crazy in this day and age so I looked on the web for a free cad utility. I wanted something very simple for 2D work. I found CAD Standard Lite which is freeware. I've been happy with it for the most part, especially the price. I think the URL is www.cadstd.com