: ^ )

Reply to
bridger

Congrats!

Good idea!

Barry

Reply to
Ba r r y

BJ, is this one coming soon to a newsstand/mailbox near me?

UA10, who can put his hands on the February issue but doesn't think he's gotten April yet...

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Unisaw A100 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Mine was in today's mailbox, near Oakland, California.

Good tiplet, Bridger! Well 'splained.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Yep, mine showed up here in Tucson today also. Good on ya' Bridger.

Mark & Juanita

whew! Good. I just need to sit and wait.

By the way, and not to take away from Bridger but David Sobel (aka J. Pagona) recently had his name associated with an article on spokeshaves (?) in the most recent Woodwork (the one without a Web page) magazine.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Hi Bridger,

Got mine yesterday and soon as I saw your post, I checked it out. Pretty cool idea. When your name is in FWW, it's almost like being immortal!

Let me ask you if you ever thought about running a pattern bit perpindicular to the table top (i.e., along the edge of the table). I know you would need some extra support clamped on to prevent wobbling.

Just asking because I remember seeing Norm do it that way once when he was flushing up the side of a face-frame to the cabinet.

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Unisaw A100 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I think Owen Lowe pointed this out last week. Recently appeared.

The spokeshave was beautiful. Got me to thinking about doing one with a commercially available blade set. I'm not much of a metal bender.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

I did do it that way for quite a while. there were a couple of problems: the bearing tended to get fouled with glue, leading to an uneven cut and the wobble issue was always there. I made a bunch of different things to control it, some of which worked well in some applications. for small panels it works well to do them on edge on the router table, but mig panels are too unwieldy to do that way. curved edges become a real pain to do on edge on the table. the jig in the FWW tiplet works for all but tiny panels, straight or curved edges, as big as you want to go.

Reply to
bridger

No page number? You're not going to make me read ALL the text are you?

charlie b

Reply to
charlie b

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 18:10:54 -0800, the inscrutable charlie b spake:

You don't hang on every single word in the FWW, charlie?

Sir Bridger was knighted with the top 2/3 of page 14.

---------------------------------- VIRTUE...is its own punishment

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Congratulations! I think. Besides using melamine instead of phenolic plastic for the base, how is your jig different than the "Flush-Trimming Baseplate" detailed on pages 119 - 123 in Bill Hylton's Router Magic?

Reply to
A.M. Wood

I don't know... it might be the same. I'll have to check that book out.

Reply to
bridger