ATTN: Parks 12" Planer Owners

For those of you that would like to "date your Parks Planer", I am conducting a survey of Parks/Craftsman 12" planers in hopes of gathering enough information to be able to establish the year of manufacture or at least approximate it. If you would care to participate please contact me via my email and I'll see that you get the survey. If you have already dated your planer, please let me know how the date went. Curious minds want to know.

To those of you who have already completed the survey - many thanks - progress is being made.

Doug Rewerts

snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Reply to
Doug Rewerts

Thanks, but I prefer the company of the women.

Reply to
mp

are you posting to/surveying in/communicating with www.owwm for this survey?

are you interested in parks machines other than the planer? I have a bandsaw....

Reply to
bridger

Bridger:

Not Doug here Bridger but the answer is yes. Doug's been working on this for a while.

I'll let Doug answer this but I will ask, an 18"?

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

ayup. I bought it as a wood only saw, but once I got it home I discovered that it has the wood/metal gearbox on it. it's branded craftsman, weighs about a ton, is a bit crude in it's details but is waaay stout.

Reply to
bridger

For now I am only interested in the 12" planer. That's keeping me busy enough.

Reply to
Doug Rewerts

Bridger:

You fargin' bastage! No really. If there was a saw I'd quest on that's it. It has a great (small) footprint and if I remember the re-saw isn't anything to be ashamed of.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

heh.....

12 inches under the guides. no option to add a riser, but if you need more than that you should be looking at something more like a woodmizer.
Reply to
bridger