Attitude chair

The designer says this:
"If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Enough with trying to reform teenagers. Here's a design by Deger Cengiz called the "Attitude Chair," which he says, "is developed for teens with attitude; prevents falling when the chair is tipped back." Someone's gotta watch out for those punks."
http://static.thefrisky.com/images/uploads/attitude-chair.jpg
HeyBub wrote:

Umm - I thought that's what rocking chairs were designed for...
This design might work better if the extra legs were made longer and were attached at the top of the back, and a bit of diagonal bracing between front and back legs might increase longevity (of the chair).
<Walks away muttering about the futility of trying to make /anything/ kid-proof>
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Morris Dovey wrote:

I agree with your observation. I just posted the design here so folks could improve upon it.

Y'know, if you *really* lean back in that thing you'll give yourself a concussion at least - the fulcrum changes, shortening the radius of the arc described by one's noggin, thereby increasing the velocity by conservation of angular momentum. I imagine it could be lethal if you're really tall

Y'know, if you *really* lean back in that thing you'll give yourself a concussion at least - the fulcrum changes, shortening the radius of the arc described by one's noggin, thereby increasing the velocity by conservation of angular momentum. I imagine it could be lethal if you're really tall
======Or if the wheelie bar collapses. That could be a liability nightmare of itself.
I say leave it alone. The smarter ones will catch on soon enough.
Old man attitude chair
http://www.thedan.com/lazyboy.jpg

The attitude stays the same we just get older