*** Attention Left Handers ***

Page 1 of 3

*** Attention Left Handers ***
Why are basic tools made so left-handers can't use them properly?
Why should you or your children have to compromise and adapt every day?
Have you had enough of this?
Discover the real benefits proper left-handed products can bring to your family.
Be a proud left-hander and show how well you can perform!
How Many People Can You Reach To Better Their Lives.
Please Forward To As Many People As Possible.
Click Here >>> http://www.LeftHander.Official.ws /

Best bet is to teach them right hand dominance in preschool. None of that left hand crap in my house.
On Thu, 12 May 2005 11:14:01 -0700, "Pounds on Wood"

Right handed people are controlled by the left side of the brain, and left-handed by the right. That means that only left handed people are in their right minds.
Along the same line ... Some guy said that we use only ten percent of our brain. The way I figure it, there's a 90% chance that he's wrong.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

And you'd still have one arm left

I've gotta hand it to you...
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland

That sounds very much like a sinister thought to me.
I know you're joking but it struck a nerve. I was born left handed and had a grandparent that watched me frequently and beat me into being right handed. When that grandparent died, I shed no tears.
I'm good now with both hands, but do have a problem - Like Joe C. I ordered some custom chisels for both handed people and spent a small fortune. I'm tired of pounding my forehead into the chisel but I don't want to just throw them away.

...Top posting repaired...

D Steck wrote:

I've read Bill's posting several times and am not so sure--hopefully he is.
As another lefthander who suffered similar treatment (in school, not at home, thankfully), I can attest it isn't a good solution. It certainly leads to stress at a minimum and can manifest itself in a myriad of other problems such as stuttering, etc.

that
had
YES! Bill was joking. I am surprised and disappointed that the practice of punishing lefties is recent enough that anyone here experienced it. I know some you guys are old, but shees, that should have ended in the 19th century.
My son is left handed.

i was switched as a kid, sometime in the early 60's.
Pounds on Wood wrote:

I'm glad that it's an ancient practice. It gave me lousy handwriting and the ability to do most things with either hand. I'm still going to blame it for my ongoing confusion though. That and the teacher who taught us that North is up South is down East and West are right and left respectively, but couldn't explain what to do if you turned around. Really.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

I would... from what I've read forcing people to be right handed can cause all kinds of problems... I'm left handed.. and luckily young enough no one tried that. My teachers did try to make me use left handed scissors though... and for whatever reason I can't. Always use my right hand for cutting. Drove them nuts. Why they should care is beyond me.

Oh boy... what would have happened if you'd brought this map in?
http://www.public.asu.edu/~aarios/resourcebank/maps/img12.jpg
:)
-philip

Sounds like you had the same teacher as my Dad. I had a hell of a time convincing him that a river could flow north. He KNEW that water flows downhill and that South is down, therefore, rivers flow South.

Sounds like that teacher was in De Nile...

They make it easy in Texas.. north is up, south is down, Calif. is on the left coast, NY on the right coast, and Texas is the center of the universe..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing

Yup. Someone tries that on my kid, and we'll have a _long_ discussion about it.

My 6 year old daugher is too, my son is only 7 months but seems to be favoring his right. We'll see...
On Wed, 18 May 2005 11:03:12 -0700, in rec.woodworking, "Pounds on Wood"

1-4th grade circa 1957...
I had 5 teachers try to break me of being left handed.
My dad tried that when I was little. I am so left handed that I went without meals because I didn't have the dexterity to use a fork or spoon with my right hand.
Grant
Pounds on Wood wrote:

On Wed, 18 May 2005 10:42:04 -0500, "Grant P. Beagles"

My oldest brother is just the opposite.... My sister was about 5 when he was born, and she's a lefty... when he picked something up with his right hand, she thought it was wrong and corrected him..
I've envied his ability for years.. writes with either hand, uses a wrench in each hand when taking down engines, etc...