attaching sander to shop vac

I have Bosch 5" ROS. I tried to connect it to Shop vac. Unfortunately existing shop vac hose is short and very unflexible that makes working with sander a nightmare. I am looking for longer, lightweight and flexible hose. Can some one recommend one and where to buy it.
I have a nice, flexible, 12' hose I bought at a vacuum cleaner store. It works great and many times I don't even have to move the vac because the long hose will reach.
--

Best Regards, Phil
Living In The Woods of Beautiful Bonney Lake, Washington

I use my ROS' and belt sanders with an intermediate adapter hose that came with a drywall sanding block. I drilled a hole through the works and pinned (for fast changes) the hose to the tool. When sanding, I suspend the hoses above the finishing table.
Alternatively, I understand that a vacuum cleaner repair outfit can fix you up with the diameter/flex combo needed. Adapting to the vac hose is probably another matter.

you
If you live in an area that gives you the option, check at more than one vacuum cleaner sales / repair shop. A well-stocked shop will likely carry hose of the appropriate diameter, but some of the available hoses are much more flexible than others. For example, I found the Shop Vac brand hose that is available at the home centers to be to inflexble for this application. After looking around a bit I was able to find some vacuum cleaner hose that fit the bill nicely.
I use a one inche hose, if your trying with something like a two incher, well give up.
Sasha wrote:

On 5 Feb 2004 08:57:32 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@audible.com (Sasha) wrote:

I think I have seen improved shop vac hose in an LV catalog. Joe
Lowes had some sump pump hose onsale about a year ago when we were having floods in the SKY area. I bought some to attach my RAS to the DC, never go around to it, but the hose is really flexible and about the same size as small shop vacs
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Sasha" < snipped-for-privacy@audible.com> wrote in message
That would be the hose kit for that sander... That requires a "step down" to a 2 1/2" adapter... It works great....
Sasha wrote:

I forgot to ask: Do you have the vacum adapter that you snap on the sander ???
(Amazon.com product link shortened)76010414/sr=1-10/ref=sr_1_10/002-9464950-4836813?v=glance&s=hi
and a hose
(Amazon.com product link shortened)76010577/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1_etk-tools/002-9464950-4836813?v=glance&s=hi&n"8013
I'm sure you tried to look all these parts up yourself ????
Sasha wrote:

On 5 Feb 2004 08:57:32 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@audible.com (Sasha) wrote:

Just about any tool store carries 1 1/4" sander hose under the Porter Cable, DeWalt, or Joe's Taiwan Tools. <G>
Tool Crib (Amazon), Coastal Tool, and Tools-Plus, probably all sell them over the web.
I think I paid $12 for a 15' PC hose.
Barry
Hi Sasha, I use sump pump hose between the sander and the standard hose. It is light, flexible and cheap. Also, using a heat gun or hair dryer you can shrink one end to fit the sander. Cheers, JG
Sasha wrote:

Try an ebay search for central vac systems. After installing a central vac in my house this year I got a couple of extra hoses for the basement and garage for significantly less then what the vacuum company offered, and you can get them up to 35 feet long. Just cut to size and use a 2.5 to 1.5 adapter made for shop vacs.
Duane
Try Sears Hardware. They sell convouluted hose assorted sizes in bulk. And I tryed the sump pump hose once....Man the whistle you get out of it is deafning.
Sears has a 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 (more or less - don't remember exact size) inch hose adapter for their shop vac. My Makita orbital sander came with a plug on bag. I cut a piece of plastic pipe to make and adapter for the 1 1/2 end of the hose to stick on to the sander. I use a hose clamp to make sure it stays. It works fine except when I trip over the hose and pull the sander onto to the floor.