Attaching Jamb Extensions

I have a fiberglass exterior door that I am getting ready to install. I need to install some jamb extensions provided by the manufacturer. Both the wood jamb and extensions have a primer finish. Their directions say to attach it with galvanized finish nails.
Instead, I was thinking of using some carpenter's glue and some finish nails from my nailer. I would putty over the nails and paint.
Is my method ok? Will the glue still hold with the primer finish? The door is underneath a porch roof and never receives rain.
Buck Turgidson wrote:

Jamb extensions are usually on the inside, but glue and nails will work fine either way.
On Sun, 4 Jun 2006 15:57:02 -0400, "Buck Turgidson"

Maybe, maybe not. They're suggesting galvanized nails, not bright ones for a reason. If the reason is just that they're coated so they won't rust if the paint flakes off, you're probably ok. If the reason is that the jamb is made out of treated lumber, (and I haven't actually seen that, but there are manufacturers all over) it might make a nail rust out right away.
But in any case, I really prefer (and YMMV) to pre-drill and use trim screws for extension jambs- the casing will cover the heads, and they've got a lot more holding power, so they aren't as likely to wiggle loose over time if you've got a resident or vistiors who like to slam doors.
Far as the glue goes, it couldn't hurt anything to rough the primer up with some sandpaper first.